Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Tripage Fixed FE with led rear hugger

Old 03-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Default Tripage Fixed FE with led rear hugger

So I did a couple reviews on 600rr.net and just wanted to share them with you guys. Tell me what you think. Thanks!

-Why you decided to purchase the product -
I did not like the look of the stock holder, and I wasn't really feeling the adjustable FE. I didn't want to drill or anything, and this is one of the simplest installs. I believe this is illegal location in PA, but I'll take my chances.

-Where you bought it from -
http://tripageled.com/os/product_inf...products_id=50

-Price -
$75 shipped with coupon code

-Did the product meet your expectations? How/Why?
This is a great product. I had the leds put in a new oem rear hugger, only $50 additional which is totally worth it to me to get a new rear hugger and avoid having to ship and wait. The craftsmanship put into the hugger is amazing. It looks very well made. The bracket is simple enough, had it powder coated black from tripage. Everything looks good about it. The leds in the hugger and the FE just compliment each other so well. If i had one complaint, it would be that the wire used was gray. I would have went black to be more oem looking. I spent 20 minutes using permanent marker to mask it.

-Would you recommend the product to others?
I recommend this product. Tripage is a great company, no complaints about that. Its a great product and they are masters in their trade. I still can't get over how awesome the leds in the hugger looks.

-Would you buy it again?
I would definitely buy again. Shipping was real fast. I might not powder coat if I had to do it all over again, since if you scratch it and what not, you see the metal underneath and its not really that big of a deal if it just looked silver all over, but its a problem when its not all black. Other than that, this is just a great combination and really cleans up the tail end nicely.

Now on to the pics. I apologize about the quality of the pics, but I don't have a fancy camera or anything like that. Thanks

Here is the package next to a trapper, pretty standard:
Name:  01282011070.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  33.9 KB

Everything wrapped up nicely
Name:  01282011071.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB

The Bracket and hardware
Name:  01282011076.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  59.4 KB

The rear hugger with leds installed
Name:  01282011074.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  42.5 KB

Underneath
Name:  01282011072.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  60.8 KB

The leds are sealed and so is the wire so that no water or debris can mess it up
Name:  01282011073.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  27.7 KB

Name:  01282011077.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  38.5 KB

Here it is installed. I tried to take different pictures so you can get an idea of how it looks like with the light and stuff
Name:  1.jpg
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  33.3 KB

And thats my review. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BakaN20; 03-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:49 PM

I don't think that a lot of people know of this guy..
I will also give a little info and tell you that he is VERY good at his profession and
that his customer service is TOP of the LINE!!!
He does everything from Powder coating to all sorts of cool LED lights.
Good **** and I also have the same FE kit from him had it since 07

Old 03-07-2011, 02:26 AM

Wow, I would have imagined that tripage was everywhere, it is true about him being amazing with anything led!