Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Teknic Chicane Full Gauntlet Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Teknic Chicane Full Gauntlet Gloves

I purchased a set of Teknic Chicane gloves from sportbiktrackgear.com http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/ at a great price of $35.95. After watching their review on youtube (one of the things I like about this place is that they do reviews on so many of their products on youtube)
Anyway, what you get is a full gauntlet leather glove. It has additional leather stitched into the palm area, a carbon fiber knuckle protector that is somewhat flexible, and padding on parts of the fingers. The glove doesn’t seem to be ventilated or perforated, which is what I was looking for.
I will be using this glove for the colder weather.. like whenever I can get riding within the next few weeks until May more than likely. I like the full gauntlet, and there are two closures.. one at the wrist and one at the cuff. I put my jacket on and it wrapped around the arm and wrist part of it just fine. I haven’t taken a ride yet, but it feels pretty good. Obviously it doesn’t offer a grip like my ultra thin mesh gloves, but I didn’t expect it to be. I got a large, and it feels nice and tight. The only concern I have initially is that the knuckle protector feels tight against my knuckles. I’ll see how it feels as I start riding and the gloves break in.
Here are some pictures.

Overall, I think they are a great value. As long as they break in nicely and last a decent time, they should offer great protection and value for the money.