Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Tail Bag/Luggage?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tail Bag/Luggage?????

Would like to get something for my bike so I can ride it to work and take everything I need which maybe include:

extra pants or a skirt
shoes
my case of hair-cutting shears
lunch
extra visor?
phone
wallet

I normally take a bookbag which works, but would be nice to have extra storage so I could possibly take a bookbag too. Plus if I just had a tail bag regularly, I imagine it would cut down on rider fatigue..

I have a cargo net, but I lost my hooks when my undertail kit was installed.. I guess the tail bag appeals to me cause it seems a lot of the tank bags wouldn't allow you to lean on the tank and some of them get to the point that I ask myself how the rider can even see...?

Does anyone have luggage or a tail bag that they love and think I might as well?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you ever consider a tank bag? I have a Nelson-Rigg CL-135 tank bag. It isn't too tall that it blocks my view of the display but it is tall enough that if I'm going on a long, long highway ride I can stuff it full and use it to rest my head on. It also has a map display that comes in handy.

Just giving you some other options to think about. I know if I had a tail bag I'd always be reaching back to see if it was still there.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you can still lean on it a lil? How bad did it scratch your tank?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most tank bags are help on by magnets and maybe a strap. wont scratch and i would also recommend them

Old 03-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tank bags are designed for the tank, so they shouldn't damage it. Thay are darn handy on long trips, for the above reason listed, rider fatigue. However, they are inherently insecure to theft. Shorter trips, you might consider a back pack. If you can stand the goober factor (like me, lol), I got a luggage rack/ tail trunk combo. A bit pricy, but very secure and handy as all get-out, all of the time. Just don't overload it. The best place to carry additional weight is a pair of saddle bags, either soft side/ throw-overs (relatively cheap) or hard mounts.

Ern