CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Speedo Healer vs. Yellow Box (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/speedo-healer-vs-yellow-box-46308/)

2QK4U2C 08-03-2007 09:41 AM

Speedo Healer vs. Yellow Box

Which is better?Why?
They're both about $100...lookin to buy one soon...any advice would help a lot. Thanks.

^n/m i figured it out...but i do have another question. Where can i get the best price on a speedo healer? Do any of you know any sites that sell them for $80-$85?

rangerscott 08-12-2007 04:31 PM

RE: Speedo Healer vs. Yellow Box

You might want to study into one of those. I believe on my bike (VFR) that it also affects the mileage, giving a false mileage reading.

woot 08-13-2007 12:55 PM

The way the speedohealer works is changes the timing of the pulses from the front sprocket.

Each pulse signifies a rotation - each rotation is a certain distance - when the gear ratio changes the expected distance is wrong - and you get a % error.

When you install a speedohealer it fixes the pulse rate - which means that the number of pulses with the expected distance covered per pulse ads up the the actual distance covered... a cheat type fix.

The odometer and the speedometer are usually driven from the same source - it costs money to run both an odometer and speedometer sensor and doesn't make much sense as they measure the same thing - distance covered (number of pulses) and the speed (rate of pulses).

I just installed a speedohealer on an F4 - pretty trivial once you find the right plug - I was looking on the left and it was on the right. Plugged it in - put all the switches up, reset it - put all of the switches down except the second last one - pushed the button 7 times - it flashes 7 blinks - flipped up the last switch and the second last switch down - hit the button 5 times - it flashed 5 times - put them all down and she is set at -7.5% correction. Test road it - hit the button and it flashes the top speed on the speedometer (60km/h).

I can't comment as to which is better - I just brought the speedohealer as I heard the name more frequently - so far I'm happy with it. I brought the honda plug and the base unit. I unplugged the 3-wire plug. Plugged the speedohealer male into the existing female, plugged the existing male into the speedohealer female - connected the end of the speedohealer honda cable into the speedohealer (after routing it up into the tail section) - zip tied the wire in place - set the correction factor and put the seat back on... done. I don't think I'd bother with the remote button

Cheers,
Woot

krash 08-13-2007 01:13 PM

I researched them both ayear or twoago, I cant remember exactly what the downside to the yellow box was, but it was enough to make me lean towards the speedohealer.

woot 08-13-2007 01:20 PM

Yellow box:
- +/- 28% in .25% increments
- no idea what kit includes
- No mention of 'high score' feature

Speedohealer
- +/- 99% in .1% increments
- kit includes zip ties and velcro patches to stick the unit in place
- High score feature - with the ignition on, bike off, pressing the button displays the top speed on the speedometer.

bigjoe87865 08-13-2007 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: woot

The way the speedohealer works is changes the timing of the pulses from the front sprocket.

Each pulse signifies a rotation - each rotation is a certain distance - when the gear ratio changes the expected distance is wrong - and you get a % error.

When you install a speedohealer it fixes the pulse rate - which means that the number of pulses with the expected distance covered per pulse ads up the the actual distance covered... a cheat type fix.

The odometer and the speedometer are usually driven from the same source - it costs money to run both an odometer and speedometer sensor and doesn't make much sense as they measure the same thing - distance covered (number of pulses) and the speed (rate of pulses).

I just installed a speedohealer on an F4 - pretty trivial once you find the right plug - I was looking on the left and it was on the right. Plugged it in - put all the switches up, reset it - put all of the switches down except the second last one - pushed the button 7 times - it flashes 7 blinks - flipped up the last switch and the second last switch down - hit the button 5 times - it flashed 5 times - put them all down and she is set at -7.5% correction. Test road it - hit the button and it flashes the top speed on the speedometer (60km/h).

I can't comment as to which is better - I just brought the speedohealer as I heard the name more frequently - so far I'm happy with it. I brought the honda plug and the base unit. I unplugged the 3-wire plug. Plugged the speedohealer male into the existing female, plugged the existing male into the speedohealer female - connected the end of the speedohealer honda cable into the speedohealer (after routing it up into the tail section) - zip tied the wire in place - set the correction factor and put the seat back on... done. I don't think I'd bother with the remote button

Cheers,
Woot

when you do the topspeed feature.... does the analog speedo actually move up to the topspeed?..... iv seen done on digital guages....wondering if it will work on my f4.

woot 08-13-2007 05:49 PM

The analog dial is just an analog front to a digital system - the needle points to 60km/h (current top speed since installing it)

If you have a digital system for speed pickup (almost all bikes now) then it works... if it is a cable driven (front wheel usually) system then it wouldn't work... but if it were front wheel driven you'd likely not need it anyhow.

bigjoe87865 08-13-2007 05:51 PM

gotcha...

and just for kicks... is it possible to make the needles sweep to max... and come back to zero... when you turn the bike on?.... like on modern bikes... * talking about the f4..*

everytime i get on an f4i.....i turn it on and off... like 20 times. :p...

woot 08-13-2007 06:25 PM

I guess my last post got lost - you could set the correction factor to 100%, then drive 60mph (no more as that would be bad)... set the correction factor back to normal... every time you pushed the button it should shoot up to 120mph. You could always as the speedohealer people to have it so that when you turned the ignition on that it showed the highscore... pretty cool request IMHO.