Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Question for everyone???

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for everyone???

I work for a motorcycle company and I was curious as to what type of things people are looking for most often. Whether it be gear or accessories and what particular brands most interest you. Please share your thoughts and comments it would be much appreciated.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Default RE: Question for everyone???

Well for me I just bought a street bike so I had to get fitted for protective gear, boots (icon), 2 jackets and one pair of pants all fieldsheer. Helmet is a scorpion EXO700. Now for the bike look in my signature. Hope this helps

Old 09-14-2006, 01:09 AM

Im always on the look out for a new bike, from any brand if it's right and priced so. Otherwise, I browse for gear, new, used, just to stay up on what's out there. Rocket jacket/pants/suit, Sidi boots, AGV gloves, Shoei Helmet, AGV Helmet, Aria Helmet, Tecknic jacket/pant combo. That is what I have for gear, some old gear I just cant get rid of even with the new stuff. My Aria helmet is old as hell, but just cant seem to let it go. Otherwise, not much into the aftermarket as there really isnt anything out there that'll give me good bang for my buck for power or handling. Ohlins would be nice, but again, kinda pricey.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want serious protective gear - jacket, pants, boots, gloves - that doesn't make me look like a Power Ranger or a refugee from a gay leather bar. I want to blend in when I'm off the bike, but maximize my chances of surviving a crash.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a motorcycle *****!!!!!!!!!! I visit every dealer/ shop , in every town I can... I love retail therepy, and am always looking for the just right tool for that difficullt job, the close outs ,and returns, the old shelf stock, leads on who has what even 20 years ago, it frequently pays off,in outrageous finds. New things just out, gear to match a need... Big need for colder weather gear comming as people ride longer to save gas money and realize, they won't melt if it rains or is chilly, out side. Better baraclavas, neck wind stop, like rukka products. Cross overs in hi tech clothing/ sport gear, that works for ride'n. Lots of bicycle stuff would actualy work well for us. true wind stop stuff... resonable gore tex type stuff, found out side of the mc mainstream.
Cross over products for maintainance... waterwetter type stuff is just being found out , for steet ridders, john deer offers a fantastic rtv dispenser... push safety, articles about loosing up to 17% hp, w/ a dry chain, better suspension thru hi tech fork oils, much less a change in wieght. A road brake down section. they now make a exstreamly small 12v compresser... offer a class, w/ old tires... to put a tire plug in, before, it's in the dark. Have a set of visors, of diff colors ,to show the differences, amber rocks in the rain... but when was the last time you say one, out there??? Don't just offer a bunch of chain lubes, teach people to us "em. How is my gear supposed to fit??? do my boots really need to be pretty snug ???? why should I buy your trick boot socks why is rest and rehydration important, what to look for in that important pre/mid ride check over??? I am appalled at the general level of customer support...I have easily over $3.5K, in gear... very little was a salesperson involved in, not 'cause they wern't there.

I find, the more I know... the more products, I need. I want to know about them before I buy. I'm willing to buy too, but not 40$here, 20% there on a chance, they might work. Enable people to be satisfied reapeat customers, and they WILL espouse your shop, till it's standing room only!!!!!!!!!! And they will buy !!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n