CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   My experience w/ recent purchase from sprocket center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/my-experience-w-recent-purchase-sprocket-center-135583/)

jr f4i 03-16-2012 09:10 AM

My experience w/ recent purchase from sprocket center

I know a lot of you guys praise this place for their low prices but my recent purchase almOst makes me not want to buy from them again. Last Saturday I ordered a chain kit from them online and immediately got a email confirming it. Which I thought was great and all I thought I would have to do now was wait till Wednesday to get it in the mail. On Wednesday after I gOt off work I decided to give them a call because my package was not delivered yet and I never got an email with tracking number and according to their website any purshase above $150 get free 3 day priorityshippIng. So I called and found out that the sprocket size I wantted was out of stock and they were waiting on their shipment of the sprockets to come in (which is understandable) but I provided them with all of my contact information and never got a call or email pertaining to this issue. So the guy there tells me that it will be shipped out on Thursday and I should get it on Saturday or Monday. I call back on Thursday and they pretty much tell me the same thing. Now today Is Friday and I am really hoping it went out yesterday because I have yet tO see an email from them with a tracking number that they promised to send out as soon as it had been shipped. I know it may not seem like a huge problem but it's just upsetting to expect something to come in with in 3 days but now it's going to take over a week if I'm lucky . Anyone else have any issue with communication with them?

highercal 03-16-2012 12:21 PM

Nope, it must of been an isolated incident. When I ordered from Sproket Center, I actually went to the warehouse and picked up in person myself. They cut/lubed my chain in front of me and gave me my sprokets. It took me a whole 10 minutes to get my items from them.

gotcbr 03-16-2012 12:45 PM

Have never had a problem w/ SprocketCenter. Always had helpful & courteous staff.

Perhaps call & ask for the person in charge & discuss your issues. Hopefully, they will make it right for you.

As this is vendor feedback, moving it to the appropriate section...

jr f4i 03-16-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1141142)
Have never had a problem w/ SprocketCenter. Always had helpful & courteous staff.

Perhaps call & ask for the person in charge & discuss your issues. Hopefully, they will make it right for you.

As this is vendor feedback, moving it to the appropriate section...

woops sorry and i just spoke with one of the guys there and he told me that are running behind and hopefully i should have my tracking number this afternoon. i just really hope they really did ship it out yesterday

jr f4i 03-19-2012 10:01 AM

**update**

i called them on Friday 03-16-2012 as to why i still haven't received a tracking number and they told me because they have been backed up on email tracking number to customers but that my chain kit was DEFINITELY delivered on Thursday 03-15-2012. well Friday afternoon i finally get the tracking number emailed to me and when i got to track my package it turned out to be they didn't deliver it on Thursday but on Friday afternoon. so far its taken a week and 2 days to get my package (so much for free priority shipping) with some of the stuff that happen i would understand why my package would get delayed but with their lack of communicating issues to their customers is what upsets me the most. if i would have not called i would of never knew any of the stuff that happen even though i provided them with every possible way to contact me.

cc rider 08-21-2012 11:14 AM

I also had a problem with them. i was sort of in a hurry for a kit and ordered a $200 DID kit. Over a week later, nothing. Called and told them and they said if I didnt want it that i could put return to sender on box. I wanted to make sure there would be no restocking fees and they told me there wouldnt be. Later, i noticed there was a $30 restocking fee on my account so i called and they were cool about it, but still charged me the $6 for the shipping. It was supposed to be priority (3 day ) shipping!

numbnuts22715 09-09-2012 10:48 AM

Im glad you got your parts.
One thing that you have to remember is even when a company gives free 3 day shipping, it doesnt mean that theyll ship it that day, or have it delivered in 3 days. That's just th service that they'll be using to have it shipped. Honestly, they could wait and ship it a month later and still ship it USPS priority and that still counts as 3 day shipping.

cc rider 09-10-2012 03:15 PM

Most companies that run a good business will ship their orders same day or next day. That means you should receive the package in no more than 5 days. And this is how it usually works with 3 day. I have ordered numerous items over the internet. The sprocket company's home page is deceiving.

cBrentb 09-10-2012 06:58 PM

i just bought my second sprocket & chain kit from em, no problems. i got it in 4 days from their place to the east coast, sc.