Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

MICHELIN POWER PILOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MICHELIN POWER PILOT

I JUST PURCHASED ONE OF THESE FOR MY 954 IS THIS A GOOD TIRE TO GO WITH, ITS PROBABLY TOO LATE NOW, BUT I WILL KNOW WHAT WAY TO GO IN THE FUTURE.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Default RE: MICHELIN POWER PILOT

I went with the Pilot Powers after seeing so many people on this board happy with them. I just swapped my OEM Bridgestone's out on both R&F with the MPPs and they seem a lot stickier. Others have said that they last a while too, so it's the best of both worlds. My opinion - best all-around tire right now.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:30 PM

THANKS I APPRECIATE THE INFO

Old 07-07-2006, 04:00 PM

Great tire when its nice and warm. I live in a cooler climate and they suck *** when the temp is on the cooler side. But anything over 20 degrees celsius is fine.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:09 AM

ORIGINAL: arkas

Great tire when its nice and warm. I live in a cooler climate and they suck *** when the temp is on the cooler side. But anything over 20 degrees celsius is fine.
True to that, but most tires will suck if not properly warmed-up and if you live in the cold you should not be pushing your bike too much especially in the twisties my $0.02
The fact is Michelin Pilot Powers benefit from a rubber compound used in MotoGP which is formulated specific to competition tires, therefore reducing warm up times by alot comparing to other brands. Thus CBR 600 F2 you can rest assure that you just purchased one of the best if not the best (not to forget the dumlop Qualifiers also great tires) tires on the market today for street riding, great for track by the way. I've heard alot of people complaining about the fact that their PP's don't give them any warning before they loose it in a turn, I say the solution is to have them properly warmed up ( they'll stick like glue) and most impotantly SET YOUR SUSPENSION RIGHT. The condition, quality and tuning of your suspension have a profond impact on the available traction. In fact the suspension system's MOST IMPORTANT job isn't to isolate the rider from bumps in the road but it's keeping the tires firmly on the tarmac by APLLYING EVEN PRESSURE. So if you have an improperly maintained or tuned suspension the wheels will move up and down too fast or slow to keep a STEADY pressure on the constantly changing road surface. This eventually leads to a loss of contact with the pavement NO MATTER HOW GREAT YOUR TIRES ARE (even if you have PP'S) if they don't touch the tarmac THEY WON"T PROVIDE ANYGRIP. I feel like I went off subject with all this but that 's because alot of riders will almost always blame their tires for a slide, and not on the way they set up or tuned their suspension or worst their SKILLS. Next time you hear someone talking smack about a tire that MOST PEOPLE FIND TO BE EXELLENT like the PP's, U'll know what to do[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 PM

I hear alot of good things also about the pilot power.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:12 PM

How about the pilot sport?

Old 08-20-2006, 10:02 PM

[8D] hey both of my bikes have PP on them and love them and even on track days they stick like glue

Old 09-08-2006, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: papiindo

How about the pilot sport?
I may be wrong, but I believe the Pilot Sport has been replaced by the Pilot Power.
I replaced my tires with the Powers and love 'em. They seem to work great. I just got stuck in a tight turn through water(broken sprinkler) and thought I might go down, but they stuck amazingly well.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:41 PM

+ 1, I have the pilot power on the front of my 93 f-2 totally happy

Quick Reply: MICHELIN POWER PILOT