Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Michelin Pilot Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Michelin Pilot Power

Got the Michelin Pilot Powers on today...good Lord...the lean resistance is gone and they grip like nothing i've ridden before. I love testing things out. I'll ride these sucker off the rim and then check out the Shinko's. If they don't impress me, i'll surely come back to the MPP.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Michelin Pilot Power

I currently have a set on my CBR1000RR and I took it to a trackday last week..they worked fine. I used them on my CBR600F4 at Laguna Seca and again they were wonderful...
Great tires in my opinion

Old 05-25-2005, 12:39 PM

Yeah i recently upgraded my bike to a full set and could not be much happier...i'm not really impressed with the front tires grip of full on braking/stoppies it sounds like its squealing a little but haven't had any problems...the rear is where i'm really impressed...u always see those bikes that get a lot of highway miles and the rear tire is flat in the middle and tons of tread left on the sides...well my friend has one on his '05 R1 and has about 2000miles on it and it is just starting to develop a flat spot...i put the rear on my bike and imidiatly hit the curvys cranking on it and she did not slip at all...these tires are amazing

Old 05-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Yep, the MPP's are the shizzle my nizzle

Old 05-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see ya'll feelin' me. My boy has a set on his '03 GSX-R 750 and we are a couple of serious curve huggers. Thanks for the feedback. Holla.[8D]

Old 06-18-2005, 02:44 PM

I have had these Pilot Powers on my bike for around 2800 miles, I have done 1 trackday and lots of road miles...they still look fine, grip well, and have gave me no "moments"...I am going to another trackday on Monday and am mounting the Pilot Power Race tires on an extra set of wheels I have..I am going to remove these Pilot Powers and sell them while they are still decent and mount another set.

Old 06-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Just replaced the rear tire after nearly 5K mi....yes, 5K...this includes about 40mi of daily commuting on the L.A. freeways, but also alot of high speed canyon carving. The tire lasted more than twice as long as 208's or M1's....nuf said

RF

Old 07-13-2005, 03:11 PM

Ok, I'll bite....
I'm a hard core 208 fan.. The tires stick incredibly, and I usually get almost 3k miles out of them. So are the MPP tires that good in the corners as well as longevity??? What kind of tires did ya'll run before, and how hard were u using them??? I'm interested in a tire that will last but still has the traction of my 208's. I just mouted M1's on my bike (against my will) and I'm sure I will have them burned up in a month or so, so I need another alternative! I have a friend who wants me to mount up the MPP's (He has them in stock and ready to go) but I'm hesitant after I had gotten a set of tires that SUCKED and I couldn't ride like I wanted to. (Too cheap to just swap tires, instead just used them until they were worn out) Please, let me know. I have one month left before swap! You know M1's only get about 1,500 - 2,500 miles and they are gone. So let me knowwwww!! Thanks!

Old 07-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a set of Powers waiting for the BT012SS's to die. I'm curious to see if the Powers will retain their grip after high mileage. My Diablos that came on the bike lasted (they still have tread) but the compound gave up the sticky and I was sliding the *** end around too much. I've got over 2.5K on the 012's and they're still sticking great.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:16 AM

I have about 600 miles on my new mpps and O love em. this is on an 02 f4i. they look like the day I mounted them after 600 miles and they stick great in everything. I live in the northeast so we have some pretty crappy roads from the winters up here and even with the cracks and bumps and gravel and dirt and dust I have not had a single moment where these tires felt like they were going to let me down. even got caught in a downpour the other day and they hooked up great in the wet as I was moving pretty quick to find cover out of the rain. heh.. anyways not sure how long they will last but lile I said 600miles strong hoping to get around 5k out of them. also couldnt beat the prioce of $200 for the front and rear.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Power