CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   LOJACK (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/lojack-40622/)

ztemhead 05-31-2007 12:58 AM

LOJACK

so I installed Lojack on my new 1krr. I live in a very high theft area, and I park the bike outside, so I thought it was kinda mandatory. Anybody have any experience or stats about this? Was it $600 well spent, or just thrown down a hole?

Also curious about the lack of any deterrant informing a would-be thief that the bike has lojack on it. They said it's for the best, preventing someone from trying to remove the unit and possibly damaging the bike.

Slayer1000RR 05-31-2007 02:35 AM

RE: LOJACK

If I were you, I would step it up a bit and get the "Early Warning Dectection" for the lo-jack.
It calls you and 5 others (of your choice).... to notify you & them that the bike has been moved without the key in it.

As for more deterrant, I would get a lo-jack sticker and put it on the windscreen or somewhere visible!

ztemhead 05-31-2007 03:35 AM

around here it would have to be written in Spanish.

Slayer1000RR 05-31-2007 03:22 PM

Lo-Jacko - lol
or
Lamigra = Immigration

areacode312 05-31-2007 06:08 PM

Concerning a LoJack sticker....If I was a thief it wouldn't be a problem to tear down a bike and find it in less time than you realize your bike is missing.

Jaybird180 06-30-2007 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Slayer1000RR

Lo-Jacko - lol
or
Lamigra = Immigration

That's funny. Wrong. But funny.

photo2u 07-21-2007 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Slayer1000RR

Lo-Jacko - lol
or
Lamigra = Immigration

Not funny,

While in college at Clemson, I got my ninja 900 stolen by a clean cut Anglo kid. Also caught an Asian man trying to steal another bike. Does the “Migra” work for European/Asian/African immigrant as well? By the way, my neighbor is what I call a white trash that has been jobless since I moved in to the neighborhood. He has stolen from all the hard working citizens in the neighborhood. Lucky for us, he is not presently steeling due to his long stay visit at the big house.

George from Pasadena,

hurayta 07-24-2007 08:34 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

photo2u (George), I dont live in Clemson but I do getout there very often, I work for the company tha t has donepretty much all the banner and other graphics at Clemson.When I rideon the weekends it is usually up 178 toRosman, pick up 215 to theParkway over to 276down to the ranger station and back around. If you havent taken that route before it is a great ride.

Kewl Breeze 07-24-2007 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ztemhead

Also curious about the lack of any deterrant informing a would-be thief that the bike has lojack on it. They said it's for the best, preventing someone from trying to remove the unit and possibly damaging the bike.

I looked into getting one for my bike but they don't offer it for Georgia so I designed and made a strip of my own weatherproof decals and put it on all mine and my friends bikes (on the tripletree next to ignition switch). I can't say for certainty how effective they are but all I can say is mine nor any of my friends bikes have been messed with in the 3 years we've had the decals on them .. although I don't know whether I would use the decal or not if I actually had LoJack installed ?!?

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4...alsheet8eg.jpg

photo2u 07-27-2007 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: hurayta

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

photo2u (George), I dont live in Clemson but I do getout there very often, I work for the company tha t has donepretty much all the banner and other graphics at Clemson.When I rideon the weekends it is usually up 178 toRosman, pick up 215 to theParkway over to 276down to the ranger station and back around. If you havent taken that route before it is a great ride.

GO TIGERS ALL THE WAY BROTHER!!!!!

Yes, I remember when I lived there in the early 80's. S. Carolina is a cool please for bikes. I have not been there in some time.
I sure wish I can take my rc there for a road trip.

George from Pasadena,