CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Lawst Caws Head-Lites (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/lawst-caws-head-lites-122608/)

BakaN20 03-18-2011 03:58 PM

Lawst Caws Head-Lites

10 Attachment(s)
-Why you decided to purchase the product -
I saw a couple pictures of it on their website and thought it was pretty trick. I think it would have went well with some red krazy eyes and a knight rider mod, so I decided to purchase it.

-Where you bought it from -
Lawst Caws, Frame Plugs, Helmet Lites, Helmet lights, Lost cause, lost caws

-Price -
$39.95 plus shipping

-Did the product meet your expectations? How/Why?
It did. They are quality made and easy to install. They add a nice little flair to things. The only issue is that they some what interfere with my glasses, but I adjusted them so it does not now. I just have to put on my glasses in a particular way compared to before, where I could slide them on with one try. It said on the website that it does not interfere with visibility when riding, but I like to stay on the safe side and do not put them on when riding. They do light things up pretty well and help you see better. Reminds me of my time in the army and reading things by flash light with the red lens cover, lol. Not only that, the customer service was exceptional. I ordered it Sunday night and monday morning, at like, 3 am, I got an email saying they will be getting them ready to ship out and received a usps confirmation just a couple hours later. Every email I sent was replied to promptly, even at 1 am, sometimes I thought that they don't sleep at all, lol. They are located in Florida, so they were on the same time zone as I was.

-Would you recommend the product to others?
Some people will like this, some will hate it. This is not for everyone, so I will leave this section like this.

-Would you buy it again?
I would buy again. I enjoy modding, so this is right up my alley. Some might say it is tacky and what not, and they are entitled to their opinions. I think some mods are horrendous, while others don't, so I can live with the hate if there is any. I think it looks pretty trick though.

Now on to the pics. Once again, I apologize for crappy camera and quality.

Here is the package, quick delivery:
Attachment 49304

Attachment 49305

Here is the package, instructions were pretty easy, just route it behind your helmet liner:
Attachment 49306

Here is the actual unit, they tossed in a spare battery also:
Attachment 49307

Pictures of it with various lighting and angles:
Attachment 49308
Attachment 49309
Attachment 49310

Attachment 49311
Attachment 49312

Here is the on/off switch under the cheek pads, it comes with double sided tape to secure it and its really easy to turn on and off and not obtrusive at all:
Attachment 49313

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for reading another review :)

The__Rider 03-31-2011 11:01 PM

What is the purpose of these?

BakaN20 04-02-2011 04:35 PM

Purely aesthetics with a secondary purpose of being able to light things up at night if you want to read a map, look for keys/stuff, open the door at night, etc.

The__Rider 04-02-2011 11:28 PM

I see, thanks. Do you use them a lot? Is it battery powered?

BakaN20 04-03-2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by 04_CBR_600rr (Post 1033941)
I see, thanks. Do you use them a lot? Is it battery powered?

Yes, they are battery powered, they came with a spare. There is just a little on/off button and pretty easy to get at. I don't use them really. I got them for the looks, since i was going to get a knight rider mod for the bike, but decided against that. I have red krazy eyes on the bike, I was planning to match all of them and stuff.

I gave them away to my friend since like I said in my review, I have to put my glasses a certain way, and I was sick of doing that.