Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Handy Stands Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handy Stands Anyone?

Anyone ordered the stands from Handy Industries? They are only $104 shipped and wanted to know some opinions. Everywhere I go stands are like $100/ea so this seems like a good deal, unless they are crap that is.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/...mp;D=1&S=4

Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Default RE: Handy Stands Anyone?

or these, they are cheap too....

http://tinyurl.com/2sowpy

Old 01-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of Handy stands, They're actually pretty damn good espicially for the Price. Much better quality than the LP stands and some other stands I've see and used in the past.
I only had two issues:
1) They don't roll well on un-even or soft ground. But they work just fine on smooth, hard surfaces like concrete & blacktop.
2) The "fork" attachment for spools on the rear stand bends pretty easy, but it bends back pretty easy too.

Overall I think they make a great "garage" stand at a price that you can't beat.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 AM

thanks, thats enough for me. they are for the garage, flat concrete, and my bike doesnt have spools.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 PM

I use the T Rex stands off ebay. Fully adjustable for bike with or without spools. $105 for front and rear shipped, can't ask for anything better.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM

they are both greatly priced. i have handy stands...front fork and rear...work great, never had any problems...
now their triple stand...that thing sucks!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 PM

I also had the handy stands for my 900RR and they worked good. The rubber did eventually break a bit for the rear and I sold them when I got my 1000 because I did not realize you could buy the spool attachment. I will replace them with the same only with the spool attachment.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:32 PM

i actually ended up getting these.

http://tinyurl.com/3bzykr

they are 1 1/2" as where Handy didnt have it listed. i like how they come with a universal spool/swingarm support and they have handles.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 PM

I was looking at the set from T-rex too....let us know how these other ones are when you get them.

Others on here with T-rex....are you still happy, are they flimsy? They look excellent in the pics

I wanted to get a group buy together with this T-rex guy...but lack the motivation. I sent him and email and he said he would "try to do something" if I let him know how many I wanted...from my local buddies I got no takers...

A friend had the handy fork stand that I borrowed before I made my own, and it wasn't width adjustable. If the floor wasn't perfect, it would pop out of the pilot hole on the fork leg. I thought it was a fine stand for washing or storage, but not for wrenching, as it flexed side to side alot.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:52 PM

The T Rex stands work great. I had to adjust and level the bike out because of the 929 swing arm. But I bought these because they are fully adjustable. Once I got the bike level its perfectly solid.

Here's my 929 on the T Rex stands.
Name:  Bike01.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  87.5 KB

Quick Reply: Handy Stands Anyone?