CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   GRRRRRR @ Rumble (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/grrrrrr-rumble-56921/)

snowboarding82 01-03-2008 04:32 PM

GRRRRRR @ Rumble

I will never buy anything from Rumble ever again. Last year I purchased an undertail from them. The paint looks sweet, it fit ok I guess, and looks awesome on my bike. Well why am I mad then? Sometime last summer my right turn signal stopped working. I thought the LEDs burned out or something until it just started working again. I took the seat off thinking it was just a loose connection I had screwed up like an idiot when I twisted and taped the wires together. I jiggled the wires around and sure enough it started working intermittently and as I'm looking I notice that the power wire which is probably like ohhhh.... say.... 239823748932748923748923748923749238123875 gauge that has like 3 strands of it in the crappy braided wire became separated from where it was soldered onto the board.

Well there's no way in heck im fitting my hand in there to solder that little tiny piece of wire back on so I have to rip off the whole backside of my bike. What do I come to find? One of those plastic screws is stripped! Well what do you know a plastic screw? stripped? nooooooo NEVER how could that even happen?!

By this point I'm starting to get angry. After trying to get the darned plastic screw out that holds the cowl, undertail, and frame together for like 10 minutes I just get a flathead screwdriver and pry the darned thing off breaking the head off the screw shooting it God knows where and leaving just the middle of some dumb plastic screw sitting in its housing for me to figure how in the heck to get it apart now.

At this point I'm about to just kick the bike over but I remembered I didn't have frame sliders. I just took the undertail and the rear fairing and didn't care if I broke it or not just ripped them apart from the bike and sure enough it came off!!! Who needs tools is what I ask?

So now I'm left with an undertail hanging by its wires (I did solder the wire back onto the board) and I have to order a new plastic screw from honda. Luckily it's winter here in Wisconsin and I can't ride anyway but still, if Rumble would have made a more quality product and used a thicker gauge wire I wouldn't have had this problem in the first place.

Ok my complaining is done.

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND WONDERFUL NEW YEAR! HAPPY RIDING!

Mike /sigh

06F4IMike 01-03-2008 05:15 PM

RE: GRRRRRR @ Rumble

Sorry to hear this. My friends 05 F4i had a rumble undertail on when he bout it. I know what you mean by the wire comming off the board, His came off the left turn signal and another friend almost hit him while we were riding because of there cheap little wires!

Ned Strange 01-05-2008 11:44 AM

I too have had that problem on their undertail and it went a little step farther where on part of my LED's come on when i use the turnsignal

snowboarding82 01-07-2008 07:37 PM

well so far no GOOD posts about rumble =/

yarbrouc 01-11-2008 04:07 PM

I now know not to buy that one!