CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Ebay seller Strictlysportbikes (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/ebay-seller-strictlysportbikes-135706/)

fiddy_nutz 03-19-2012 10:40 AM

Ebay seller Strictlysportbikes

So I recently purchased a MIG high mount exhaust from strictlysportbikes on ebay. When it arrived I noticed it wasn't going to fit. It came with the pipe, bracket, and slip on mid pipe. I had previously asked if anyone knew how this exhaust was supposed to attach. So I sent the seller an email and got no response on why the exhaust he sold for a 929RR doesn't fit. I never received any response. A few days later I checked his ebay store and sure enough he is selling a factory header, only it has the rest of my exhaust on it. Now I paid 125 plus 25 shipping for the pipe. Now the exhaust is old and very used and could use a new coat of epoxy on the carbon fiber to freshen it up, def a fair price for the exhaust in fact had I paid much more I would have been upset with the condition. So I sent another email seeing if we could work something out on the rest of my midpipe, even suggested sending him my factory midpipe in exchange for the MIG one. This would have been the smartest move as now he has an upset buyer in me because I can't use my exhaust, and he will have an upset buyer that purchases a factory header that will not fit any exhaust in existence. I haven't received any replies yet. Now the ebay auction for the header is $100 plus 30 for shipping. Am I being unreasonable to expect someone to try and work with a customer to get them the right parts and future customers? Oh I should also mention that I purchased the exhaust with the best offer feature and have submitted two different best offers for the header. I've already spent $150 should I really have to pay another $130 to make this part work. To me it would make more sense for me to pay him to ship the midpipe while I ship my mid pipe to him. If nothing else the least they could do is have the courtesy to reply to me and say, "Hey were selling the rest of the pieces at a firm price. Sorry for the rant but let me know what you think. I just sent another messages saying I was leaving negative feedback if I don't get a response. I also thought about actually making the purchase and leaving 2 negative feed backs one for each auction.

jeffjones 03-19-2012 10:52 AM

Just make a claim through paypal and get your money back.

fiddy_nutz 03-19-2012 05:31 PM

Update. I sent another message today saying I would leave negative feedback and got a response right away. It was pretty rude, saying, "I don't know what to tell you if it doesn't fit get a refund. So I explained that he still had my remaining parts to make it fit. He said he was out of the shop for a couple days and will take a look. I'm ok with that since I won't be home for a few more days. But I was really looking forward to installing it when I did return oh well.

Oh and I would return it except it's a MIG high mount and I've salivated over MIG exhaust for a long time so the chance to have it seems very rare and unlikely since they went under in 2006. If this was any other brand I would just send it back and get a refund. But this exhaust looks sick!

vfrman 03-20-2012 08:40 AM

Be careful that this guy doesn't string you along past the time you can get help from Paypal. I would look into that.