Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

CustomcyclePros Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CustomcyclePros Review

Part 1:

I ordered a black fairing kit for my bike on February 22nd 2011. I received an email about a week later stating my product was shipped. The email stated was addressed to "Lance", which is not my name. This aroused question, so I called the company. After playing phone-tag they couldn't explain who Lance was. They told me that I the product would be shipped soon. The guy told me that the pieces hadn't all been finished processing and that they were waiting for them to finish prior to shipping. He stated it came from "another one of their factories" which just so happened to be in Shanghai. Finally I received the fairing kit on March 17th 2011.

The plastics looked great. The clear coat was very nice and it was painted with perfection. However, as I started unwrapping some of the other fairing pieces I noticed that the Honda trademarks were underneath the clear coat. I distinctly remember reading -on the fairing kit description- that no Honda trademarks would come on the fairings. Yet here they are. I didn't want any of the "CBR racing" or "Honda" labels on the bike. I was hoping for an all black kit. You can read that statement here (gray box with asterisk)

On a lighter note, the kit did come with a smoke windscreen, and a seat cowl. It was $529 shipped when I bought it.

I have yet to install the fairings. I had to get the lower cowls cut for my frame sliders and I have to pick up some neoprene foam to coat the inner cowls to avoid melting from the engine and the upcoming summer months. I will post a Part 2 after I have installed the plastics.