Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Competition Werks Fender Eliminator Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Competition Werks Fender Eliminator Kit

Who - Competition Werks http://www.competitionwerkes.com/
What- Fender Eliminator Kit
How Much $149.95 plus shipping

Installation took about 1.5 hours and that also included installing a Clear Alternatives rear light. I was working with my assistant, my 11 year old daughter who I was trying to teach a thing or two about the wonderful world of sport bikes.

The instructions were not always that clear because they referred to pictures that were not very good. After taking our time and thinking it through we figured it out. I didn't install the rear turn signals since I also installed the Clear Alternatives rear light with built in turn signals.

In my case because I didn’t use the turn signals the install required me to drill two 1/4" holes in the battery box. Like some of you I thought, "Drill into my brand new 05, are you crazy!", but it was not big deal and turned out real nice. The hinging system works real good and only seems to rub the hugger fender when my wife rides on back. It does leave a rubbing mark but it is not gouging it like some have reported. The fit is real clean and looks factory. It came with a light so I can remain legal and looks real good mounted and when lit. Wiring the light was real easy. I used wire crimps to connect the light to the old license plate light harness then plugged the old harness into the main harness. In other words I worked it out so I didn't have to cut into the main harness. That was very important to me.

All the hardware is stainless steel. Originally I thought aluminum would be better but other parts of the bike are stainless under the tail and again CW using stainless makes it look factory.

I ended up shaving almost 2.5 lbs off the bike by eliminating that drag chute of a fender.

The funny moment in this upgrade was when I showed my wonderful, beautiful and intelligent but bike ignorant wife the difference and she said, "Why did you do that I like how the fender looked." I thought to my self, "Honey you have a lot to learn". LOL

Old 06-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Competition Werks Fender Eliminator Kit

try putting a strip of tape ( black) on the rear hugger to keep the plastic from becoming gouged...I actually took a number for a dirt bike and sacrificed it for the better good

Old 07-08-2005, 12:07 AM

I just installed this on my bike as well. Fit is great and the bike looks great... MUCH cleaner. My only complaint is the fitment of the seat lock. For the price they could have positioned it better and added a cable retainer.
Steve...

Old 08-10-2005, 11:08 PM

I agree with you SAR2K about the cable retainer, when I installed mine the cable popped out of the stock retainer after I had put my tail fairing and seat back on and it took me an additional 45 min to fish around and unlock the seat. It takin care of now