CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Companies who give free replacement parts (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/companies-who-give-free-replacement-parts-124534/)

yumoncbr 04-26-2011 07:17 PM

Companies who give free replacement parts

Yoshimura - one of the spring got rusty. One phone call, and they sent me free replacement

Alpinestars - this morning I noticed right side of my smx-2 boot was missing the plastic piece by the toe. It must fell off last night when I was going home. They are sending me the replacement.

Both companies never asked questions, and did even ask when I bought the item.

[forgot to mention] when I got the spring from Yoshimura, my shop guy gave me spring tool so I can do it too.

Conrice 04-26-2011 07:35 PM

well, you are a billboard for them in a sense. if it was your products, would you want that out on the streets?

word of mouth in motorcycle travels faster than advertising in magazines and what-not.

but thats good. i want everyone to stand by their products. and they do. kudos to them

nickp123 04-27-2011 10:32 PM

jardine sent me out a couple of decals to put on my exhaust since mine doesnt have any on it. Small stuff like that costs them next to nothing and pays dividends in the end like conrice said in terms of customer retention and you telling people like this and hopefully bringing in new customers for them. Plus its free advertisement for them being able to put their name on one more product/bike on the street for people to see.
With jardine i just emailed them saying the stickers on my exhaust fell off and asked if they could send me one and they responded the same day asking for my address and had them out to me within like 3 days. Really fast and good response and makes me want to stick with them as a customer. Although i do still want to put a yosh on her :icon_wink:

karl10250 04-27-2011 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1045094)
well, you are a billboard for them in a sense. if it was your products, would you want that out on the streets?

word of mouth in motorcycle travels faster than advertising in magazines and what-not.

but thats good. i want everyone to stand by their products. and they do. kudos to them

exactly.. they know its going to end up on a forum like this.. now at least 3 others have seen it.. they would make more money on people buying their product then what they loose by replacing small parts and what not..

comodidit 04-27-2011 11:46 PM

Scorpion sent me a new set of visor hinges after I broke one of mine twisting it the wrong way. I called, explained what I did and asked how much it would be to buy them and the guy just laughed and asked for my address. They overnighted them to me.

They won me as a customer from that one single gesture. I've probably told 100 people about it indirectly through forums and given them a huge amount of word of mouth advertizing.