CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Product Reviews (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/)
-   -   Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube (https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/bel-ray-super-clean-chain-lube-71811/)

some guy #2 06-25-2008 05:05 PM

Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube

I decided to try a new chain lube out and decided on Bel-Ray after reading it claims no fling. I normally used Suzuki Chain Lube but I never liked how much gunk would fly off or how messy it was to apply.

The Bel-Ray lube is leaps and bounds better than the Suzuki. First off it is super sticky (no drips) and turns white so I can tell where I am spraying it. Second and most importantly it does not fling at all. No chain or sprocket guard and my clothes and bike still remain lube free (only ~300 miles so far). I will never use another type of chain lube besides this stuff ever again.

PlayfulGod 06-25-2008 05:10 PM

RE: Bel-Ray Super Clean Chain Lube

be better if it were clear(ish).

some guy #2 06-27-2008 10:33 AM

I agree. But since it's white I can easily tell where the chain needs to be sprayed. I wipe the excess of the face of the links so it doesn't look to bad.

Goose Rider 06-27-2008 11:40 AM

Where do you guys spray the chain..in the middle or the sides of the links?

I've been using the Dupont Teflon suff...pretty much clear but tough to see where you have applied and where maybe missed...alo tough to feel if it is on lol

Goose

some guy #2 06-27-2008 05:31 PM

I spray the middle of the chain and the teeth of the sprockets. The other brand of chain lube would eventually work itself all over everything but the new one I have only goes where I put it. I wiped some wd40 on the outside face of the chain.

kamikaze2899 09-03-2008 03:29 AM

Try this instead

Dupont Multi-Purpose Lubricant and Chain Wax with Teflon. Read about it on another forum, and tried it on my 954. My brother also uses it on his R1. Anyway, stuff is clear and clean. Does not wash off in the rain, fling/fly off, and doesn't attract dirt. I won't go back to the Motul or PJ-1 stuff that I was using before. This one is hands down the best.

Even better is that it goes for about $5-6 at your local Lowe's. That's where I found mine anyway.

oakasrtheshiz 09-13-2008 10:30 PM

i love bel ray.. my step dad turned me onto it a year or so ago. he uses it on his dirtbikes and his speed tripple..i love it. super clean the whites kinda eh lookin but really who cares if its that huge of a deal whipe the sides off and polish it up so you can bling.. lol

zerochickenstrips 09-14-2008 02:02 AM

I'm a mechanic and have used Maxima Chain Wax (gold can) exclusively since I found out about it 2 years ago. It goes on as a bronze color so you know where you've sprayed, wipes off cleanly while its still wet, once it sets it doesn't come off (even in the rain), plus it smells like crayons which is somewhat pleasant in a strange, childhood memory way. As far as where to spray, you want to lube the o-rings on both top and bottom of the chain and then spray on both sides of the rollers to try to get the lube between the rollers and the links. Do this while the wheel is turning. Let it sit for about 30 seconds to seep into where it needs to and then wipe away all the excess. If you clean the chain before you lube, and repeat this process every 3-500 miles or so, your chain will last around 15-20,000 miles and look good, too.