Parts For Sale This section is just for postings of parts for sale.

Power Commaner Firmware Update Kit $35

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Power Commaner Firmware Update Kit $35

Sold

Last edited by backdoc; 09-26-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 954 needs a pc3 bad. Due to air filter and bolt on exhaust Its running so rich up until 75 mph that its diluting the oil and the oil is getting past the rings (consumes oil really bad only after its diluted and thin). Anyway I'm new to the fi and pc tuning procedure and I'm definatly getting the pc3 within the next week or so. I don't know what I'll need. I'm not getting too much help locally about what all I need to purchase or how to get it set up. I might or might not need this part your selling, I will let you know if I do need it. Do you have any suggestions that will help me in the right direction? The bike has a k&n air filter with a d&d bolt on. It needs help before I ride it anymore, I won't ride it because I don't like running an engine with fuel diluted oil. It rode fine on the interstate this weekend going to gatlinburg and deals gap but as soon as I was doing city riding at low speeds it ran so rich it diluted the oil very quickly before I could notice it was right under the low oil level line in the site glass. O telling how long I was riding with low oil level! Freaked me out. This driving me crazy and I want to do it the right way so I can enjoy riding and have it tuned like it needs to be. Any help at all would be apreciated. Thanks, hope not to bore you with a long story. I know you have some experiance with this bike.

Oh, and before I forget to ad, being that you are into selling parts for the 954 and I have one, I'll probably be doing some bussiness with you in the future. I really like this 954 and plan on keeping. I also love to save on good used parts so we might be able to help each other out.

Last edited by cBrentb; 08-13-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cBrentb
My 954 needs a pc3 bad. Due to air filter and bolt on exhaust Its running so rich up until 75 mph that its diluting the oil and the oil is getting past the rings (consumes oil really bad only after its diluted and thin). Anyway I'm new to the fi and pc tuning procedure and I'm definatly getting the pc3 within the next week or so. I don't know what I'll need. I'm not getting too much help locally about what all I need to purchase or how to get it set up. I might or might not need this part your selling, I will let you know if I do need it. Do you have any suggestions that will help me in the right direction? The bike has a k&n air filter with a d&d bolt on. It needs help before I ride it anymore, I won't ride it because I don't like running an engine with fuel diluted oil. It rode fine on the interstate this weekend going to gatlinburg and deals gap but as soon as I was doing city riding at low speeds it ran so rich it diluted the oil very quickly before I could notice it was right under the low oil level line in the site glass. O telling how long I was riding with low oil level! Freaked me out. This driving me crazy and I want to do it the right way so I can enjoy riding and have it tuned like it needs to be. Any help at all would be apreciated. Thanks, hope not to bore you with a long story. I know you have some experiance with this bike.

Oh, and before I forget to ad, being that you are into selling parts for the 954 and I have one, I'll probably be doing some bussiness with you in the future. I really like this 954 and plan on keeping. I also love to save on good used parts so we might be able to help each other out.
You will not need this kit to add a PC3. This is only needed if you want to add a multi-function hub to the PC3 with outdated firmware. Make sure you buy the PC3 USB version and not the older serial version or PC3r. The older versions are not compatible with the add-on's like a quickshifter, multi-function hub or LCD if you decided to add any of these down the road. I would recommend spending the extra money and getting a new PC3 USB instead of buying used. I purchased a used hub recently only to figure out it was bad and ended up having to buy a new one. The install is fairly simple for the PC. You mount the main unit under the rear seat and route the wires to the front along the right frame rail and disconnect one factory connector and connect the cable from the PC in line with the factory cables and connect the ground to the battery. Then connect the PC to a computer with the cables provided to install a map for the exhaust you are using and you are done.

The condition you are describing about your oil is caused by a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator. How was your fuel economy on your trip? You need to order a FPR and get it changed.

Your bike will run better with the stock air filter. These bikes actually loose a little power with k-n filters. If you plan on keeping the D&D muffler I would have it repacked which should be done every 10k miles but rarely gets done.

Last edited by backdoc; 08-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot, you have answered my questions and made me feel at ease.

after i bought the bike a few months ago i did the test on the fpr, there is no fuel dripping from the disconnected hose with ignition switch in the on position. ive herd that the fpr either works (no drip) or it doesnt (fuel dripping from vacuum hose when unplugged) work. there is no in between. i hope thats right. also ive tested the map sensor and air temp sensor in the air box. they checked out good too. ive checked nearly every switch on this bike they all checked out good. two things i have not checked are, leaking/ dripping injectors and fuel pressure from pump. i assume they are good though by the way the bike is running and decent mpg.

im getting 35-37 mpg on the highway. to give a little more history though, ive checked all switches and fpr...all good. also ive had it on the dyno, its making 138.3 at the wheel but, blows a lot of smoke on hard decel and a little on hard excel. also all four plugs have white ashy deposit evenly on all four. so its burning oil for sure. i think its getting past rings and valve seals too. rings because all four plugs are fouled evenly and valve seals because of heavy smoke on decel. PS- the dyno graph shows the bike is running extremely rich from idle to 75 mph. then after 75-to top speed the air/ fuel ratio is perfect.

now that thats out the way, this past week end was a real test for the machine...a real road trip to see how much oil consumption. all the way from columbia, sc to deals gap it consumed no oil, 80% of the time i was over 75 mph. after i got to my place to stay on the foothills parkway past deals gap, i decided to go for a ride into the town of maryville, tn. just to cruise around. after an hour and a half of low mph (under 75 mph, running rich condition) the bikes oil level is slowly getting lower every time i checked it. so i topped off and keep riding for the day. next day we ride around deals gap area ((under 75 mph) mostly, lol. then we eat dinner at deals, i check my level there and i go hywy 28 then onto hywy 19 through maggie valley all the way to i-40 into ashville. after about 5 miles of riding i-40 something tells me to check my oil level once more before i hit i-26 for the long haul home. its right on the low line in the oil site glass! so i top it off and haul *** (not too much) down i-40 onto i-26 to columbia, sc and when i get home after one hundred miles at 75mph or over speeds its not burning any oil...

like the dyno chart says its running rich up until 75mph. so im thinking whats happening is at lower speeds in city riding its running extremely rich to dilute and thin the oil so it pushes it past rings and valve seals. then when im at highway speeds the air/ fuel ratio is good, no oil dilution and thinning so its not consuming oil. so im hoping that his pc3 will fix this like people are saying it will. ive herd lots of good stuff about how it smooths out a bike with intake and exhaust mods like mine. i just never would have thought the mods i have would make it run rich. i thought if anything it would be running lean....dunno. we will see

Last edited by cBrentb; 08-13-2013 at 11:19 PM.