Parts For Sale This section is just for postings of parts for sale.

'03 complete f4i motor FS/with extra gearbox parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 complete f4i motor FS/with extra gearbox parts

$550 price. About 17k on the motor, I recall. It was removed from my bike I bought late last summer after I discovered the transmission slipped from second gear sometimes, during hard acceleration. I put about 3k miles on the bike anyhow, going easy on 2nd, thinking I'd rebuild the trans. soon. Before I got to that project, I found a complete motor trans from a wrecked '02, so I went that route...now I have the other motor package for sale along with the parts I bought to correct the transmission flaw...All the parts are within factory spec and in decent shape, one would need some bearings to be sure, and gaskets...or just reconnect the hoses and plugs and cables (all still attached to this motor) and ride off... with the slipping second, of course.

This motor ran perfect, no noises or smoke or roughness...I am located about 60 miles east of Portland, Or. Buyer would pay shipping, or pick up local.

There is a scuff on the clutch cover but no oil leaks or any other problems.
Call or text Don Hanson at 54one 980 201nine if you want any more specific information or pics.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don you have 2 other FS threads in moderation under the F4i section. Are they for this same hardware, broken into 2 separate posts? The image links on those threads are broken, and if they are for the same hardware as this thread we'll simply delete them (we don't want to manage multiple threads for the same items).

Old 06-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, for the same stuff. I apologise for causing you extra work, I didn't realize. I am also posting to another forum, one with a very similar format and I must have got confused as to which. and, thank you for doing the work of moderating this ...it is a great resource.
Don Hanson

Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

no worries -- and now back to our regularly-scheduled thread... GLWS.