CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Our Fallen Members (https://cbrforum.com/forum/our-fallen-members-87/)
-   -   Spdyg_AK (https://cbrforum.com/forum/our-fallen-members-87/spdyg_ak-152260/)

74demon 06-22-2014 07:25 PM

Spdyg_AK

Sad news.

Jason Owens, Spdyg_AK, was killed early this morning in a motorcycle crash.

Motorcyclist dies in crash on U.S. 90 in Biloxi | Biloxi | The Sun Herald

R.I.P. Spdyg_AK.
The MFCC won't be the same without you buddy.
:icon_cry:

For donations to his family, please go to: For the family of Jason Owens by Nick Ladner - GoFundMe

splash 06-22-2014 07:34 PM

sad news indeed Demon.

RIP Jason.

Mattson 06-22-2014 10:00 PM

That's horrible news! Specially touching as I've seen his enthusiasm in the MFCC game and just witnessed first hand another member just barely dodge the bullet this weekend...

R.I.P. Jason... another one taken too early...

volcom440 06-22-2014 10:32 PM

Demon i want to thank you for posting this for me. i've been too emotional to come inform everyone of this today. It brings me great pain to even write this. I never thought I would have to. Late last night on his way home from work, Spdyg (Jason) lost his life in a motorcycle accident. Leaving behind his wife and his four children who live with their mother in his home state of Alaska.

I met Jason a few years ago right here on this very forum and we became instant friends. Rode together constantly until finally he ended up getting me a job where he was the manager at. We became extremely close to the point where he was going to be in my wedding which is in October. I'm for a loss for words. I haven't lost a friend I've lost a family member. He was literally one of kind. He would break his back just to help someone in need.

Please keep the Owens family and friends of the family in your thoughts and prayers. Ride safe everyone. I wish no one would have to experience the shock and pain we are all in.

74demon 06-22-2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by volcom440 (Post 1276122)
Demon i want to thank you for posting this for me. i've been too emotional to come inform everyone of this today.

No worries man, but I wish I didn't have to.
You just worry about things there. I've been in your shoes before and I know it's no picnic...

volcom440 06-23-2014 09:14 AM

If its ok with the Admins / Mods im thinking about setting up a gofundme page for donations for the family. It will be posted across several forums.

74demon 06-23-2014 09:33 AM

Generally speaking, solicitation for money is against forum rules. However, over the years a few exceptions have been made for very worthy causes.

For Jason's family, go ahead and put the link on this thread. I will move it to the first post so anyone that would like to make a donation, will see it there.

volcom440 06-23-2014 09:35 AM

Thank you demon.
I've started a donation page to benefit the Owens family, if anyone would like to donate feel free.
For the family of Jason Owens by Nick Ladner - GoFundMe

bdeljoose 06-23-2014 09:40 AM

R.I.P. Jason.

volcom440 06-23-2014 05:22 PM

Jason's Obituary can be viewed here.

Jason Daniel Owens Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information