carburetor issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carburetor issues

Okay so i have a Honda cbr 125 r 2006, last night when it was -3 degrees in the evening i was preparing to go home from my friends house, everything seemed fine, i used the choke on my bike so it would get warm faster and i headed off nothing seemed off, but once i rode 500 meters the bike suddenly started stalling and starting on it's own and when i gave gas it just makes the bawwwww sound and dies out. So i stopped on the side of the road and used my choke to start it up again, the rpm went to 5000 thousand and when i gave it a little throttle it would shut off again. Once i used the throttle again with the choke it seemed to be fine again and i headed off before it shuts off again and once i rode about 600 meters again it stood at 6000 rpm's and when i gave it even more gas it would start to feel like it would stall again and it just died out while driving. So i was pushing it towards home and i got the idea to tap on the carburetor a few times with a metal object and started her up again and it seemed all fine with no problems, and my overflow hose i think was in the up position so i'm not sure if it would have thrown gasoline out of there but the rest of the ride home felt all fine and no issues, since then i have not started the bike yet and it's weird because a few weeks ago i cleaned out the carburetor just fine and checked the needle hole as well and cleaned it out, so what could be the problem?

Old 04-02-2018, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I remember similar behavior from a bike and it turned out to be a cracked airbox. Might be worthwhile to check for vacuum leaks and make sure the throttle/choke cables are all operating smoothly

There's a few possible causes to your problem though. Could also be anything from a weak spark, to bad fuel delivery, to carb issues/adjustment, or even just a bit of bad gas. I'd recommend the troubleshooting guide in the manual, paying extra attention to anything that's been serviced recently