CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Other Models (125, 250, 400) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/other-models-125-250-400-66/)
-   -   Bike not ticking over properly (https://cbrforum.com/forum/other-models-125-250-400-66/bike-not-ticking-over-properly-110798/)

eviljezza 05-18-2010 12:06 PM

Bike not ticking over properly

Hello everyone sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have recently brought a 2nd hand 125cc Honda CBR Repsol I believe is a 2005 model and basically just had a problem with the float in the carb which wasnt working properly but is now fixed but now the bike isnt revving normally I mean as soon as I start it and it calms down where it should be at a steady rev count its going up and down about 500 revs from where it should be normal to 500 revs below it and after about 5 secs it drops down and cuts out any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also what is the standard carboretor settings and jet setting for the bike?

wobroughton 05-20-2010 02:32 AM

Have you made sure that the choke is on the correct posisition, like for example if the engines is cold full choke plus 2% throttle or if its warm, no choke, as my bike likes to cut out if, when warm the choke is applied in part or full!

also another to just check, what the condition of the spark plug?

eviljezza 05-21-2010 05:22 AM

Sorry just to update I fixed those problems but the remaining problem is that If I dont rev the bike after a few seconds it will die on me but it will start again no problem but this is a big pain when I come to a junction, also I have a brand new spark plug put in so no worries there.

wobroughton 05-22-2010 03:47 AM

What did you do to fix those other problems? just wondering!

as for the not ticking over, im wondering if you idle valve isnt set correctly on the carb. i will get a pic off my bike as to where it is.

to adjust it, have the bike running in idle (or as slow as you can i found my bike conks out below 1000 so it idles at 1500) and then turn the adjuster untill the rmp's pick up to around about 1500 and then it should idle on its own!

wobroughton 05-22-2010 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the pics on the right hand side of the bike. the knob is usually gold colour, but my bike is a wee bit dirty atm!

eviljezza 05-23-2010 03:59 AM

Yeah I've tried that still not working I've ordered another Carb of E-bay though becaused this one has been messed about with alot, How I fixed the other ones was the fuel flow going through the carb and what didnt help I had suspect petrol in which contained alot of water but that fixed it now atm I'm just fixing a puncture on my back wheel which caused me to slide off a bend the other day, my fault I should of checked the tyre but hey lesson learned nice cut on my stomach thoguh and hit my knee hard which makes a pain walking but im getting along :)

wobroughton 05-23-2010 06:36 AM

OUCH man bad luck!!

just wondering about your rear tyre, how many miles you recon they last (oh and what make tyre your got on?)

fair enough, if the new carb doesnt sort it, i would then take it to the dealership to have a look at!! but i think that it should!!

eviljezza 05-24-2010 04:54 AM

To be honest may im a new rider and I'm not sure I wont be able o tell you now cos im going to my friends house probably tomorrow.