CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Other Bike Chat (https://cbrforum.com/forum/other-bike-chat-49/)
-   -   Lowered 600 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/other-bike-chat-49/lowered-600-a-85910/)

Jeff1980 01-13-2009 07:46 AM

Lowered 600

My girlfriend is 5'1" and has a '94 f2. She expressed some interest in a newer bike so I picked up an '04 600 rr that was already lowered a bit. She could touch but not very well. The oil pan is shaped in such a way that lowering it any more at all would've put it at serious risk of hitting any speed bump or curb. So that bike had to go.

My question is, what 600 can be lowered a LOT? I'm hoping someone here knows a rider of similar size that has a bike plenty low enough for them. I just don't want to keep buying bikes only to find out they can't be lowered enough. I'm kind of leaning toward a '01-'03 GSXR 600. I'm pretty sure those can be lowered 3" but not certain of that. I know they make links that claim to lower them that far but it's been my experience that those claims aren't always true. A F4i or any year R6 would be great too. I just need to know for SURE that I can get one low enough for her before buying it.

Any help would be apreciated. Thanks

ynks4evr 01-13-2009 02:00 PM

RE: Lowered 600

you could probably shave the seat on the rr to try and lower her to the ground without lowering the bike anymore, i know you cant shave a whole lot but you said she could touch, just not good.

cant help with the other bike options though

Jeff1980 01-14-2009 06:57 AM

RE: Lowered 600

I did that with her F2 and it helped a little. On the RR I removed the foam completelyjust to see and it barely made any difference at all.

amRRussel 03-12-2009 10:28 AM

One of my friends had a 2001 (i think) r6 and it was slammed to the ground with out scrapping anything serious, he used it for drag mostly. it has been the lowest sitting bike i have seen to date. he dropped the forks through and had a link that was suppose to go between a 4inch and a 3inch drop not sure which he had it set on. a girl who was 5' 3 about touched flat foot no problem on it

gangofhoes 04-08-2009 12:55 PM

My Smokin joe is droped three inches and plenty of room left over, did wonders for my short legs

B_K 07-07-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by gangofhoes (Post 768404)
My Smokin joe is droped three inches and plenty of room left over, did wonders for my short legs

lol im late but no clearance issues ?

The Don Wan 07-22-2010 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My ex boyfriend had a 2002 GSXR600 (I think it was an 02, I might be wrong). He lowered it at least 3-4". Anyway, I'm 5'4" and I have a lot of issues with clearance on bikes. I could put both my feet flat on that GSXR.

I own a 07 600RR right now and I lowered it 2" and I can't flat foot but I feel great on the bike. I have no problems riding it, and I'm a new rider.

I found two super old pictures of the GSXR so you can get an idea of how low it was.