Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Lane splitting

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lane splitting

I split lanes at every single red light, even if it's only a couple cars. It's legal, I do it, get over it. If you think it's a d-bag move then too freakin bad.

California rocks.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: NOSTUPIDZONE

here in nc they dont take to that to well
pisses people off
you almost always get somebody blowing a horn at ya or flipping ya off

Up here in VA everyone thinks they are the traffic patrol vigilantesand will cut you off if you try it or swerve at you/block the lanesbecause you are getting ahead of them, besides getting flipped off and blasted with the horn.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:03 AM

well here in cali alot of people will clear the way when they see a biker trying to get to the front, myself included and I have never heard of ANYONE getting mad over bikers doing this...... Must be a cali thing.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Mad

Very common. The law was put on the books in California because back in the day most bikes were air cooled. As everyone knows it can get hot here. So they put the law on the books to allow motorcycles to split traffic to keep from overheating.

When I first started riding I did not split lanes. After getting comfortable I started doing it more and more. You'll get used to it and eventually split lanes daily. I try to keep my speed under 30 mph but sometimes find myself at higher speeds. The law says it must be done in a safe manner. Use your good sense. I've never had a problem with anyone giving me a hard time.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:20 AM

i live in texas and the only d bag move is big *** f250's with the exteneded mirrors trying to swerve to block me from getting to the front... well needless to say... those big exteneded mirrors dont do them alot of good when they are laying on the floor... im not sure if its legal here but mang ITS EFFIN HOT! and im kinda a big guy so when its hot mang my *** is not playin around... i even did a few burn outs infront of someone's ride to get the to stfu... hot rubber + nice paint = bitch to get off!!

Old 08-07-2007, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

i live in texas and the only d bag move is big *** f250's with the exteneded mirrors trying to swerve to block me from getting to the front... well needless to say... those big exteneded mirrors dont do them alot of good when they are laying on the floor... im not sure if its legal here but mang ITS EFFIN HOT! and im kinda a big guy so when its hot mang my *** is not playin around... i even did a few burn outs infront of someone's ride to get the to stfu... hot rubber + nice paint = bitch to get off!!

Its illegal to split. They had the bill out, but let it sit and die. Its never been brought up since. Wish they would. I just love when people are side by side racing to be the slowest so no one can pass.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 PM

Don't do too often at the red lights, but on the freeway and its that stop and go 10 feet and stop again bull$hit[:@]HELL YES!! I'm splittin lanes

Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM

I'm jealous, I wish all of that could be done here in SC, would save me a lot of time, it gets real hot and moist over here by the coast...

Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: city worker

Don't do too often at the red lights, but on the freeway and its that stop and go 10 feet and stop again bull$hit[:@]HELL YES!! I'm splittin lanes

I just pull out my pesky and sing "Happy days are here again".

Old 08-08-2007, 04:25 AM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott
I guess its like when a wheel chair person gets to cut in line at a park. They've been sitting all day and you've been in line for over an hour.
well i'm a passionate person myself. seriously i turn down my radio in my car if a car pulls up next to me and i see kids or someone mid age in the car. But i mean we bought a bike knowing the risks and the advantages.. just like a person buys an SUV, so SUV's cant lane split but if they hit us - guess who is going to be perfectly fine?

so if there is a big traffic jam, i'm sorry but this is the advantage of a bike - we cant carry much cargo, we have no protection except gear and helmet, so lane splitting is one of our advantages and sometimes i take it if i'm comfortable enough. If that person is going to be pissed that i lane split, maybe i should give him the number of the nearest honda dealership because he can do the same thing if he likes.

so if the person waiting in line all day and see the wheel chair person - maybe he should get a handicap friend or maybe just break both his legs to get there.. haha

Quick Reply: Lane splitting