Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

details of my dual-sport ride today

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default details of my dual-sport ride today

just thought i'd share my ride today, it was a blast!

as some of you may already know, my 929 is up for sale so i've been riding my dual-sport suzuki drz400s alot lately. i did some regular maintenence today (oil change, air tires, wash) and deciding to go for a quick ride and make sure everything felt right. so i told my girlfriend i'd be back in a little bit and took off. no helmet, no jacket, just a t-shirt, jeans, work boots and a pair of gloves. i get to the edge of my little country town and turn down one of the pothole filled county roads. i was having a great time. it was about 72 degrees and just a couple of clouds in the sky. it was an awesome morning. i get to the first crossroad (where i usually turn around on my maintenence check runs) and think to myself "i'll wait until the next road". well that road never came, let me rephrase that, there were more crossroads but i never turned around!

long story short, i rode for about 5 hours. i found roads that i didn't even know existed. i was chased by about 3 different dogs at different times. i stopped to watch 2 deer cross the gravel road that i was traveling down. i even stopped and talked to a nice older man while he was fishing in a creek.

all in all, it was one of the best rides i've ever been on. no plans, nowhere to be, and not completely knowing where i was going. it was a blast!

Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: details of my dual-sport ride today

9two9'er, Thats the stuff !!!!!!!!!! the reason we all "got hooked" That ride!!!! So glad you were able to hear the bekon of the road... and a morning well spent. Clean and free, ripp'n