Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Anyone else into old dirtbikes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else into old dirtbikes?

Just wondering, I love old dirtbikes, any dirtbikes, but esspecially old bikes, I dunno why. My first dirtbike is a 1980 Yamaha MX175, its basically a DT175 but us meant for trails, not tails and road like the DT is, it also has a better pipe and shorter gearing and less and road crap on it. I love this bike, through all the dirtbikes I've had, this was my favorite, I still have it too. This bike always started and I was always faster than everyone in the trails and always started on the 1st kick. I used to be able to jump higher than most people dared on new bikes, I love her. Its currently apart because when I bought her she was mint, after 10 years of hard riding and crashing, she needed some love. Plus a bolt backed off and shedded and left alot of metal in the transmission and left me with being able to click into 1st gear

Anways I haven't ridden a dirtbike in 3 years, I borrowed my bros, or my buddys extra quad from time to time. I'm going to go look at a 85 RM125 sometime next week. Its a little rough, no carb, busted throttle tube and missing radiator cap. All and all I can get everything on ebay for cheap. Read up about them, great dirtbike for the time. I just want something for the trails and hit the motorcross track from time to time, I miss the dirt

Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy and are picking up a 1999 (don't know if thats considered old) CR 125 tomorrow for $200! it needs some sizeable mechanical work, but he's a complete motorhead, and I'm a tool & die maker, so were going to make a nice project out of this! Lookin forward to gettin' it tomorrow, hope to get it finished by June.