Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

your 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: your 1st time

ORIGINAL: jaynd

for me one of the coooooolest feelings was stopping at a stop sign or traffic light for the 1st few times. its like losing your virginity......you never have that SAME feeling ever again. stopping at stop lights or stop signs was just cool as hell to me. driving a car/truck, you NEVER put your feet down on the highway, so to me when i stopped and let my feet down, if was a cool feeling . but now, its just normal ****, lol.
you said it all right there....stopping at stop signs and feeling like you were just standing there in the middle of an intersection...so open and free....having your feet down on the highway, a feeling you can get or explain in a car.....its a really unexpected cool part of the first few rides.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 AM

great question jaynd, I remember it like it was yesterday, on Sunday I finished up the MSF course, monday I went to the DMV and got my motorcycle endorsement, then had to wait all night before my dad and I went to the Honda dealership.

Tuesday finally came and my dad and I drove down there that morning.... we get their and I pick out the prettiest bike I had ever layed eyes on, a 2005 CBR600RR.... I remember my dad asking me if it was gonna be too much bike for my first one and I was settled on saying no, this is the one im getting. I was 17 at the time. The only street bike I had ever riding was a 250 Nighthawk at the MSF course, but I had been riding an XR100R since I was in 8th grade. So the dealership is prepping the bike while my dad and I go to his friend to get some insurance, come back and the dealership had already put 4 miles on my bike! ahhhh. 4 miles! They did it to just go fill up the tank, so that was ok. Oh boy, I had to ride back on a highway back home, then up a twisty curvey straight up mountain, then hit the curves all the way back home.... I was a little nervous, but not so much. Drove up and down the parking lot twice, gave my dad the OK! he pulls out of the parking lot and I follow.... get to the stop sign and my dad enters the highway, but I wait cause their are cars coming, trying to play it safe, after all clear, I enter the highway and my dad was going slow waiting on me, so we cruize down the 4 lane highway (divided by a grass median) at 70mph, whoa, i had never went that fast on a motorcycle, get to a stop light to head up "the mountain" put the turn signal on, and for some reason I thought it would turn itself off, but it didn't, so I road 10miles until my dad realized it was still on, and he signaled his turn signal, i figured out that mine was still on, but couldn't figure out how to turn it off, he pulls over, I do too, and we both figure out how to turn it off, haha.... so then were at the top of the mountain, I stop by BREW bikes to show off my new bike to a friend who said I would never get that bike, and he was jealous, oh yea, i was feelin good! haha, so we head down the twisty road to home.... in a vehicle it always felt kinda hard to push 55mph down that road, but on my new bike, it felt like it was nothing, as if I were barely moving, it was great, 50 some miles later, im home, bikes in the garage, and im standing in the garage with the hughest smile that still continues today.... one of the best investments I've ever made.... I love being a part of the motorcycle community/family!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

My first bike was a little 125 yamaha enduro... Yeah , it was fun off road. I remember one time i was flyin through a field with ankle high grass and i was at the top of 4rth or somethin then outta nowhere, i guess, there was this rock, i think, i have no idea what it actually was. But i went up and over it and flew. Its a good thing i had a locktight grip on the handle bars because my body was catapulted into the air. It was something like doing the "superman" motocross stunt accept the bike was only a couple feet off the ground. Traded it for an oddysee like the next week.

My first ride on a real bike was just at the beggining of this month. The first couple rides around the block were nothing special but when i was finally able to open that thing up i i fell in love. I decided to drop all the drugs and i quit pimping the prostitute industry and now i am going to drop all of my cash and love from here on out into my CBR.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Mine was in August at about 10 o'clock at night (maybe a little earlier) i had just driven back from Orlando and unloaded the bike at my friends shop, then we road over to my buddies birthday party. The first real ride i went one was after work that monday, I took it out on some country roads and had fun, that was a daily occurance for about a month. I was living at my moms who didn't know i had it at the time, so I only road it in the afternoons and put it inside my work every night before i went home.