Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

your 1st time

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: your 1st time

I got my FZR600 home on a trailer, and all the plugs were fouled. Changed em all out the next day and put just under 200 miles on the bike going nowhere. Then i stopped for gas, and as i was leaving, the plugs fouled again, trns outit was running really rich. I had to get my sister to bring me tools and plugs and i changed them out at the gas station. Kindof embarrasing, but at least i got a bike.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:10 PM

Ok I'll give my very first time riding a motorcycle and first time on the road and first time on the road with a REAL bike.

The first time I rode a bike was in highschool. I was maybe 16-17 and my friend had a Honda 350 trail bike that we used to take off jumps and all that crap, I swear it weighed more than my F4i. Anyway, he brought it to school one day and I rode it home to pick something up because my car was torn apart and on a lift in autos class. I had my shades on flying down the street man I thought I was the SHIZNIT riding that thing. lol Thinking about it I probably just looked like a retard.

The first time I rode an actual motorcycle was ohhhh I don't know but i was probably 17-18. A bunch of us were out at the lake on my friends boat and one guy brought his bike, an 80's something zx6. Everyone rode and I was the only one who had not. I was like nah I'm ok because I really didn't want to crash it. I rode the trail bike before which had the same controls but I was still concerned. Well because friends are so awesome they MADE me get on and ride around the parking lot. I went slow and made it back in one piece.

Fast forward.......................................

6 years later I still wanted to get my own bike. I finally convinced my mom to let me get one (yes I was 25 and had to convince my mom to let me). lol Anyway I picked out an '06 F4i and I'll never forget how excited yet frustrated I was. My credit wasn't good and I needed to come up with 10% down, well I suck with money (yes I work at a credit union) and I had like $20 in my checking. I asked my dad if he would cosign for me and he said he would. I looked at several different financing options and I was thinking with my emotions and not seeing clearly. Well I'm glad my dad helped me out with the financing because if I did the finance through Honda I would have only paid intrest and still owed the full amount of the bike. Well two weeks went by and I was still waiting for my dad to cosign somewhere. He decided that the best option was to get the loan through the credit union I work for. I got the check and it sat on my bookshelf for the FREAKIN LONGEST 3 DAYS OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! Finally we went in the bike was ready we filled out the paperwork (my parents gave me $1000 =) theyre so nice) and I bought myself a jacket and helmet. I couldn't even sleep for those 3 days it was insane!

I grabbed my gear and went out for the service guys to show me the controls on the bike. We went over everything which I already knew where everything was and I loaded my boxes and paperwork into the parents car and just as we start pulling out the clouds roll in and it starts to rain. Well isn't this wonderful. They even warned me, 4 people warned me, that my tires were brand new and EXTREMELY slippery be super super cautious and now it's freaking gonna rain?! Well my parents drove in front of me and we took all back roads home so there wasn't too much traffic and it was a little chilly and I was nervous and my face shield kept fogging on me.

Worst part coming home from picking it up was we were coming up to make a left hand turn and the cross roads had a stop sign. Well wouldn't you know the idiot stopped like a whole car length infront of the stop sign! I was like crap, my very first 90 degree turn I had to get around this idiot. I turn and well, I couldnt quite make it sharp enough and ended up riding off the road onto the gravel off the gravel onto the grass and I swear like 6 inches from going into the freaking ditch. Wow I felt like an idiot I'm so glad there wasn't traffic all around me. After that I didn't have any more problems and I made it home and sat and admired my bike sitting in the garage. To this day though I still can't make a 90 degree turn or even worse a U-turn to save my life, I always think I'm going to tip over. lol

Oh yea and I killed it 4 times at a stop sign and every time I got more and more frustrated with myse

Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM

first time i rode, it was on back last june on streets with no traffic. i rode a dirt bike as a kid, but never a street bike. i kept forgetting to shift...

once i got in traffic, i remember i was on a 4 lane street. there was a car pacing right next to me. i felt pretty uncomfortable. i remember thinking to myself "that car can kill me!"

didn't like that feeling at all... but i got used to it (even though it's wrong to get used to feeling comfortable in traffic).

Old 01-19-2008, 11:01 PM

my first time i only lasted maybe 5 minutes....now i am up to 10 hours before i have to take a shower....

oh and i was sitting at a buddies and he just bought an old junker ninja and i hadn't ridden in almost 4 years when i worked at the motorcycle dealership and so i took his out for a ride down a secluded rode....came back the next week and did it again....did that about 4 times then i started doing it on my other buddies bike....after the second time i bought it from him....

Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 PM

My first time out on my bike was when it was my friends bike. We went to a huge parking lot and he showed me the basics, he needed to go bike up a girl and didn't have an extra helmet so he barrowed my Firebird while I followed on the bike. I was nervous as all hell because it wasn't mine and secondly I had only been riding for 20 minutes. Three months later he got a new bike and I bought his F3.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time: Promptly popped the clutch .. did a perfect semi-circle .. got up close and personal with asphalt. Ignored the strawberry on my knee and got right back on trying to act like nothing happened while friends watched silently and made my way on to the main road on the Honda CR125 with knobbys that had no business on the road. But keep in mind MJ's Thriller album had just been released and nobody knew the definition of squid yet so yeah I as the OG pimpin squid while most of you where still living in your daddy's nads.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:00 AM

NOT MY 1st Time, BUT...

it was 1993 (I bet I just lost a few readers) and I would go to the Honda dealership almost every weekend and just look at the 900RR. One day the sales person told me that I could put a couple miles on the bike (6.3 to be exact, because he wanted to keep it under 10 miles). He knew I couldn't afford it (mainly because of insurance) but he let me take it for a test drive anyway.

It was the happiest 6 miles of my life.

Unfortunately, they went out of business. Otherwise, I would have drove all the way back to Illinois just to by my new bike from them simply because of this guy from years ago.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ohhhh boy... I remember every detail perfectly! But it'll more than likely turn into a huge novel like pretty much all of my "short stories" do, and I'm really tired now so I'll post it up tomorrow when I'm awake, lol

Old 01-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha something tells me you'll even have pics in the post, Jared!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:29 AM

My first time was when I got my bike home by a truck, I unloaded the sucker, jumped on the bike, started it, and my garage is kind of steep so I killed it like 4 times, then I just gave it gas and flew in the garage, ended up locking the front brake, sliding little bit, but ended up stopping at the right moment, that was it. The next day I jumped on the bike again, no helmet or anything, just wanted to ride it in the subdivision, killed it 3 times ( i think I put in in 3rd gear), turned the bike around and rolled it back to the house, relaxed and jumped on it again, and this time it didn't die and I rode around like that for about 3 days ( no more than 25mph, and it felt fast as hell), till my neigbor cop told me not to ride without a helmet and no licence. So I got my licence, helmet and took the bike to get inspected about 10 miles away. As soon as I turned into traffic I got scared, all the cars were around me, I felt very uncomfortable but excited at the same time, 4 mins later I was cool. And then I jumped on the highway, as soon as I hit 65mph I felt the wind, and got down real low, people were flying by me and I was like, man, I felt like I was doing at least 240mph, I was scared ****less, the wind was freaking me out. On the way back it was much better, I even got on it little bit, but didn't go faster than 70 mph for the next 2-3 weeks, was too scared. I think it took me like a month to get used to the wind, and now I am very comfortable, wind doesn't bother me one bid.

Quick Reply: your 1st time