Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

You tell me....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You tell me....

Alright, I don't fully understand this so maybe you can help. I saw someone on a bike this morning (GSXR-not saying that matters but...) riding with helmet, gloves, jacket, long pants; everything you would expect but one thing was wrong. On the back was a child, I would say no older than 7 or 8 with only a helmet on and wearing short sleeves and shorts..?? Apparently the adult knew the importance of safety gear but why not have the child protected? Some people...

Old 08-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: You tell me....

Wot a dick head, yeah I've seen this sort of behaviour before, and not always involving bike riders, it's universal.
Fair enough if you want to take risks riding ( say in a pair of shorts & T shirt) your problem if you come off, don't complain.
But when you start making decisions like this for anybody let alone a youngin, is beyond me.
Wot sort of message are they providing to them, sheesh.
Good post

Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 AM

yeah, pretty irresponsible...he obviously doesnt want any rash, but what about his kid? what a mother of f*ck!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:00 PM

i always wear my gear. except for the one time my girl wanted to go for a ride but didnt have any jackets to wear at the time. so i didnt wear mine either. (she didnt want to wear mine). cause if we go down im gettin mesed up too. i will not walk away clean and my girl be messed up. i will be next to her in a bed.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: steve00ses

i always wear my gear. except for the one time my girl wanted to go for a ride but didnt have any jackets to wear at the time. so i didnt wear mine either. (she didnt want to wear mine). cause if we go down im gettin mesed up too. i will not walk away clean and my girl be messed up. i will be next to her in a bed.
good man...

Old 08-25-2006, 12:23 PM

[sm=loser.gif] Gota buddie that does that, total DUMB *** !!!!!!!!, rides with the kid on the bike haulin ***, stupid

Old 08-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i just cant believe that some people would be that stupid . but atleast the kid did have a helmet on. ive seen ppl riding around my area without a lid and they'll have someone on the back too. it makes me wonder how do people get by in other states. here in CA helmets are law'd . but even if it wasnt id still wear mine , just common sense . i guess all we can really do is hope that when people take chnaces like that , there arent any idiot drivers, drunk drivers, people on cell phones, people not paying attention ect out on the road. god forbid that biker get hit with his kid on the back [:@]

Old 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM

man, i see like 2 guys riding with chics on the back....then they dont have anything on but helmets. chics with short *** shorts on...im like...nice legs but they wont be for long....i told my girlfriend she cant ride until i get her full gear.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 PM

Nice rrasco, that's the way it should be. What REALLY gets me is when I see guys riding with their helmets clipped to the bike instead of on their head, ever see that? Talking about the ultimate in stupidity!

Old 08-25-2006, 08:22 PM

Saw a guy yesterday... full face helmet, gloves, mesh jacket............ and SHORTS! lol

Ya know, if you wanna wear shorts and a t-shirt that's fine with me... But what? He only cares about the upper half of his body? You have to wonder what goes through peoples heads sometimes.