Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are you scared of roller coasters

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007 | 12:50 PM
Default RE: Are you scared of roller coasters

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Just got back from California yesterday. We took our bikes out there to ride around, and went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. "X" is the sickest coaster, followed by "Tatsu". Those are two aggressive coasters.

Though, I do prefer a good wooden coaster over a steel one any day. "The Boss" in Six Flags Mid America in St. Louis is the only coaster I can ride over and over and still get that gut-wrenching free-fall feeling every time.

Can't wait to get out to Cedar Point in Ohio to get on their coasters. The best coaster park in the world.
I suggest MEAN STREAK at night! Its the best wood coaster I have ever been on! Its been about six years since Ive been to Cedar Point though. They probably have something better now! Oh! And MAGNUM XL at night is also awesome.

Old 09-05-2007 | 02:42 PM

mean streak sucks now. they added a brake halfway down the hill to slow the coaster down... it's lame.

the best wooden coaster is by far the Beast at Kings Island. it's about 6 minuteslong and a little less than 2 miles long. 2 lift hills. good times.

Old 09-05-2007 | 06:43 PM

Anyone know what a gravitron is ? Greatest ride ever, i love those things. The spinning space ship thing you get in and the g's suck you to the walls.

The pirate ships that dangle you upside down are neat too.

Disney world had amazing theatres. You put on the 3d glasses and it was awesome. Kissimmee is great. I was about 17 when i went there, rented some little boats and drove around for a while.

Theres a busch gardens and kings dominion in my state ive been to a couple times. Six flags maryland was fun too. Been to Hershey park in Penn, and the Board walk in Jersey too. i get around the east coast pretty good..... i still need to basejump. That would get me puckered up.

Old 09-05-2007 | 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

Hey TheX, how in the #$#@%!@&* do you reride anything. Last time I was there I spent 2.5-3.5 hours in line for every coaster. Only bummer of the day.

If you don't ride all the big, new coasters at Cedar Point or other parks, you literally have no wait. You may be riding an older coaster, but it's better than wasting 1/4 of your day for one, minute and a half ride.

Old 09-05-2007 | 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Just got back from California yesterday. We took our bikes out there to ride around, and went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. "X" is the sickest coaster, followed by "Tatsu". Those are two aggressive coasters.

Though, I do prefer a good wooden coaster over a steel one any day. "The Boss" in Six Flags Mid America in St. Louis is the only coaster I can ride over and over and still get that gut-wrenching free-fall feeling every time.

Can't wait to get out to Cedar Point in Ohio to get on their coasters. The best coaster park in the world.

my brother lived in socal for 7 years (he was in the Marines) and he said magic mountain was a blast. as for cedar point, ive been there mulitple times and nothing is better then top thrill dragster (0-120 in 4 seconds) and millenium force. The rapter at night and in the front row will blow your mind too!!!

Old 09-06-2007 | 09:06 AM

six flags in massachusetts has the SUPERMAN rollercoaster....supposedly the #1 rate in US or something.....but yeah its nuts.

Old 09-06-2007 | 11:54 AM

im scared if they're not high and fast enough.

Old 09-06-2007 | 01:03 PM

I love em, I gotta go to cedar point at least twice a year or I'm going crazy lol.

Old 09-06-2007 | 02:41 PM
|

After reading the posts, I think there is a correlation between motorcycle riders and adreniline junkies.[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=guilty.gif]

Old 09-06-2007 | 09:18 PM

The Titan at the Six Flags in Arlington (what ever city its in) is the ****. So is the superman drop thingy.

Quick Reply: Are you scared of roller coasters