Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

You meet the nicest people...On a Ducati

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You meet the nicest people...On a Ducati

Well I just got finished moving into my new place... it's a lot smaller and a lot more money but location is everything nowadays. So far so good though...the office is a bit disorganized but I can live with it since I've been convincing enough to have them meet my needs thus far.

That of course is the boring stuff.

The first day I move in, I see there are garages all lined up outside the apartment, and the one right in front of mine has the door open. As we drive by in our Uhaul I look over and see a brand new Ducati 848 inside. So of course I go running up to the guy and start shooting the ****, telling him about my bike, and getting him to tell me about his bike, etc. etc.

Long story short, I had to go get my bike later that day since it wasn't going in the trailer, and when I pull up he sees it and says "you can't leave that outside man... it's going in the garage". So now, instead of forking out $150 a month for a garage, this guy let's me park the Repsol right next to his Ducati every day. He's a car mechanic so he has every tool known to man already in there and of course it's at my disposal. He gave me a key and refuses to take any money from me! Just insists that it's too nice a bike to leave outside.

Last night we went out ridiing around the city from around 7:30 til about 10:30...and damn that Duc is torquey as hell! We made it a real race from a red light and I watched him in my rear view after about 5 seconds all the way up until I shifted out of 3rd...so it's not quite fast enough for the Honda.

I'll get some pics with the good camera this week...but I'm back folks!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned
Default RE: You meet the nicest people...On a Ducati

Kick ***. Reminds me of my first appartment...

Walked in to look at the place and I smelled the stankest pot ever coming from upstairs...

I'll take it!

Congrats on the find - gonna learn a bit about those Duc's now, are ya?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Hey that's awesome, I love reading stories like this - so many people these days are such a-holes. I was lucky enough to keep my bike in my girlfriends parent's garage but i KNOW that there are TONS of people in my development who only use their garages for storage but they are all uptight pr*cks and wouldn't let me park my bike in there even if i paid them.

good deal man, looking forward to seeing some pics

Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

Wow, that's freaking awesome man! It's always good to hearabout dudes who make kind gestures for no reason other than being a nice person.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 AM

Dude that's awesome! Good/nice people are hard to find these days so when you do give them respect and value them. Gald the bike has a new home as well and it's cool you have a new riding buddy.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM

Thats really cool of the guy to give you a key and full access to everything. People like that are hard to come by.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 PM

Congrats man! I'd love to have someone so nice where I live. All I get is some A-hole who parks his Gixxer wherever he wants and doesn't follow building rules.