Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are you a foot dragger ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down total nut bag

saw the worst one ever today, going 70mph down I95(major interstate) dude had both feet hangin off the whole time. i personally love the feel of balance on two wheels with feet on the pegs. i go so far the opposite, i try and balance at a crawl at lights and smile when no foot goes down.......... with me?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bambam
saw the worst one ever today, going 70mph down I95(major interstate) dude had both feet hangin off the whole time. i personally love the feel of balance on two wheels with feet on the pegs. i go so far the opposite, i try and balance at a crawl at lights and smile when no foot goes down.......... with me?
Was practicing my "South Philly Stops" (that's what they called rolling stops in class)... in South Philly actually

Being able to stop the bike and hold it balanced for the 3 sec stop feels amazing. I did have to drag a foot when turning at intersections busy with pedestrian traffic. But then again it's not rare for only 1 car to make it through a full light cycle because they can't turn without squishing 20 people

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to leave my left foot down as I take from from an intersection (until I need to upshift.) Maybe that's me trying to imitate MotoGP racers. I don't know why someone would drag their foot though, that just sounds like a waste of a shoe to me. But other than that, I don't put my foot down unless the bike will tip over (aka red light,) not even for a stop sign unless there's a cop camping there.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Classic , I like to 'touch-down' as little as possible , but do it occasionally . Setting off at a pace slower than walking , I have to 'Walk' the bike (if I'm stuck in traffic). It's cooler than picking her up off the ground!

But if I'm not stuck behind a car , then it's bike moves , feet on pegs and yeah I try the balancing **** as well! Don't we all , to a greater or lesser degree?