Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Are You Doing Something You Love (your job/career)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are You Doing Something You Love (your job/career)?

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic
Looking after twisted female sex fiends perhaps mate.. j/k
OH HELL NO. I'd rather watch 5k men than 5 women....women are so bitchy when locked up.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: ebinz88cane
I truly dont know what I'd truly love.. Ive been content with jobs.. but never loved one...
I guess if I could be in the music industry (producer, manager), or working for Honda America would be sweet. anybody have a connect... hehe
I do not think many do know ebinz ..so you and me and most people ....we just keep on going

Yer I have dreams of special jobs like those you mention mate ... but I actually think , that in reality we would bet sick or tired of any job after a while mate

Yu gotta be content with what yu got ...that's the real trick to being happy
I hear ya classic, very well put. I think any job would just turn into a *plain ol' job* after a certain amount of time..

I feel it comes down to doing something that you dont HATE, make good money at it, and dont kill yourself while doing it.

like jaynd ive done HVAC for a long time.. I was the Lead Installer & Fabricator, the work truck, credit cards, etc etc... I guess that is something I could go back doing, and be content.. too bad the econ. is CRAP right now.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Kitchen supervisor/Cook, I hate it. Do that fulltime and taking a fulltime class load (senior at UNH). Gonna get my degree and get a "real" job, no more of those 60 hour weeks, 15 hour days.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I truly dont know what I'd truly love.. Ive been content with jobs.. but never loved one...
I guess if I could be in the music industry (producer, manager), or working for Honda America would be sweet. anybody have a connect... hehe
I do not think many do know ebinz ..so you and me and most people ....we just keep on going

Yer I have dreams of special jobs like those you mention mate ... but I actually think , that in reality we would bet sick or tired of any job after a while mate

Yu gotta be content with what yu got ...that's the real trick to being happy
I hear ya classic, very well put. I think any job would just turn into a *plain ol' job* after a certain amount of time..

I feel it comes down to doing something that you dont HATE, make good money at it, and dont kill yourself while doing it.

like jaynd ive done HVAC for a long time.. I was the Lead Installer & Fabricator, the work truck, credit cards, etc etc... I guess that is something I could go back doing, and be content.. too bad the econ. is CRAP right now.
ebinz, are you talking about H o n d a of America Manufacturing?
Thats where I work and love it! Seriously.
I work with robots and other cool stuff to make cars.
The company seem to be doing very well so far.
The new factory in Indiana just started mass production. http://www.indiana.honda.com/indiana.cfm
Marysville plant isscheduled Saturday production to catch up on making cars. (cannot build them fast enough)
Yes, they are hiring if anyone is interested -> http://www.ohio.honda.com/jobs/index.cfm

Old 10-18-2008, 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

Kitchen supervisor/Cook, I hate it. Do that fulltime and taking a fulltime class load (senior at UNH). Gonna get my degree and get a "real" job, no more of those 60 hour weeks, 15 hour days.
Man, you need to get into the country club end of things. I do 5 day weeks for 9 months, 4 day weeks the other 3 months. January, I put on my checks for a total of 12 days. 45 hour weeks are the long ones, 36 hours on the 4 day weeks. In at noon, out by 9...I'm tellin you, it's where to be. Busy nights, I might do 80 covers...cake job. Hell, I'm at work right now

Old 10-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Guess I'm lucky...I'm headed to Europe tomorrow as Captain on a Gulfstream bizjet. Its all I ever wanted to do...and I busted my butt to get here. So to answer the question....do I do something that I love...yeah.

I'll post up from Europe in a few days..although nobody on here will know the difference.

LOL

Old 10-18-2008, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

Guess I'm lucky...I'm headed to Europe tomorrow as Captain on a Gulfstream bizjet. Its all I ever wanted to do...and I busted my butt to get here. So to answer the question....do I do something that I love...yeah.

I'll post up from Europe in a few days..although nobody on here will know the difference.

LOL
Post up a pic of something you see. Anything. I'd love to see Europe one day.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:52 PM

i really do love my job. one of my best friends and i own a performance shop (mostly VW's). and while it's not the most ludicrous thing i could be doing right now, i couldn't be happier. we have a blast at work. it's more like a few good friends hanging out all day wrenching on our own rides than actual work. the excitement you get after building a 500hp '87 golf and going for the first test drive...well that's just a special kind of awsome

Quick Reply: Are You Doing Something You Love (your job/career)?