Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Yesterday i met this cool guy.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yesterday i met this cool guy.....

preface to the story i life in maine and there arent alot of biker enthusists up here.

Yesterday i pulled into Dunkin Doughnuts to get a coolata, and in behind me pulls a guy with a Aprilia RS250 it was a 2003. the guy pulls of his helmet, he's about 50, i start talking to him and looking at his bike. he noticed right away for a 25 year old kid on a sportbike i wasnt a squid....he starts telling me about whats he's got for bikes at his house and stuff and says well if you wanna ride over ill show them to you. so i ride over to his house, he's got a garage and his own shop with 2 motorcycle lifts, lots of stands, and 13 motorcycles. alot of older 70's-80's cafe racers yamahas and stuff lots of 2 stroke racing bikes all completely mint. in his driveway is a 2003? Yamaha R1 with the Valentino rossi bodywork on it number 46. i see the number 46 and say OH this the the bike rossi rode? i thought he was gonna fall over that i new rossi, and his number etc. i walk into the other part of his garage and he's got a 2003 MV Agusta F4s 750....its was BEAUTIFUL!!!!! oh my goodness. in the other part of his shop was a super motard he was building that was beautiful he said he had about $7,000 in it SO FAR. overall just an amazing guy. he said maybe next time you stop over you can take the agusta out for a ride....i was like wow, that would be amazing, but i dont know if i dare.....the guy was just super nice. he said he's been to like 8-10 track days and riding along time, and teaches guys how to corner etc alot at this school not too far away....overall it was a really cool time.

he also ran into own of his friends who was driving a 2006 bmw 1200s? that he just got...it was sweet.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Default RE: Yesterday i met this cool guy.....

Wow, that would be sweet to take him on the offer, that is if you dare to ride a 25K motorcycle that isnt yours.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:46 PM

The F4 isone ofthe sexiest bikes in the world. I would ride it if he gives you the chance.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:02 PM

just make sure he isnt one of those.... well.. guys you would see Chris Hansen talking to.. haha

If hes not then get on that F4 and tell me all about it.. mmmmmm those things are sexy

Old 04-19-2008, 07:52 PM

Definately take him u on that offer. I rode one on the Cherohala skyway by the Tail of the Dragon. My dad met this guy on his ducati forum, and the guy met us at deals gap and gave us a guided tour around 400 miles of roads. He let us each take a turn on it. I was definately too intimidated to really get into it, but its a privelage to have the opportunity to ride it. Watch out, though, it is NOT forgiving like the F4i. if you make a mistake it lets you know.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM

ask him if you can ride one of those cafe racers, i have a soft spot for those. looks like you found yourself a new friend/riding buddy, its always nice to ride with some old guys, they can teach you a lot.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:00 AM

yeah i run into him every once in awhile, he has offered again to stop by and ride the MV....ran i gotta MAKE time to do that. last time i saw him he had another guy about my age with a 04-05 600rr that he was headed over to a huge lot to practice cornering....dammit i was headed home for my birthday...

Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Banned

RIDE IT!!! I'd be on that thing lik.e a fly on...well...you know...

Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Wow, that would be an awesome guy to know! I'd be borrowing tools all the time

Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM

That is very cool ! Proof that you meet the nicest people on a Honda. I would ride anything allowed, albeit very friggen carefully.

Quick Reply: Yesterday i met this cool guy.....