Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

X-box 360

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: X-box 360

just got me a 360 over christmas as well. i dont have a game yet but i keep renting GoW. of course i am still a huge halo addict and who cares about the campaign, its all about multiplayer! someone told me on GoW that the new Halo2 maps came out, so I was all excited and went to Halo and they were not there, damn bastard!

What I dont like about GoW is the way you do MP, they should design all MP games like Halo where you can party up, so much easier than trying to search for the game from a huge list. Its not even always there to select either.

Im always down to play some Live, gamertag: SUBCRIM

voodoo....i just ran a 50' cat5 from my router to my xbox. needs an established internet connection and thats it. its $50/yr, or you can get it off a place like amazon.com for $40.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gears of War here. Same handle. And of course i still play Halo.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 PM

I know I what your going to say But Battlefield II puts Gears to shame IMO !! The thing that bugs me about the game is how you get stuck "In cover" and can't get into position!! I haven't really given it much effort though!!! We often have local LAN parties here in NC and one of the designers joins us regularly !! I hate to say it but most of the fellos round here don't rank it very high !! Not that that wont change over time!!! Battlefield is 12 on 12 much more strategy related in multiplayer plus you can play using extremly life like vehicles M1 Abrahms Blackhawks,Apachies humvees ect you can pull a parachute and base jump off any structure and much less cheating or MODDING whatever you call it !!! I do like the saw in Gears but the game play is just a little slow IMO but It does have the roadie run the graphics are cool though !!!

Any one try the force feedback wheel and Project Gotham Racing 3 yet ???This has to be the best racing game yet the wheel costs about 150 and it comes with the game !! THE BOMB !!!

And Voodoo yeah you can buy a wireless adapter or run a line from your high speed modem both will work fine!! I still have a phobia that the wireless make my game online lag no proof though but when I loose thats my excuse !!Lol lol lol lol !!!!!!!!

If any one in NC is interested in the LAN parties HOLLA !!!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Retired Moderator

W.O.W. is the only online playing I've ever done so far, but I understand if you lag...your a dead man.[:@]

Old 01-09-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: GEARHEAD69

I know I what your going to say But Battlefield II puts Gears to shame IMO !! The thing that bugs me about the game is how you get stuck "In cover" and can't get into position!! I haven't really given it much effort though!!! We often have local LAN parties here in NC and one of the designers joins us regularly !! I hate to say it but most of the fellos round here don't rank it very high !! Not that that wont change over time!!! Battlefield is 12 on 12 much more strategy related in multiplayer plus you can play using extremly life like vehicles M1 Abrahms Blackhawks,Apachies humvees ect you can pull a parachute and base jump off any structure and much less cheating or MODDING whatever you call it !!! I do like the saw in Gears but the game play is just a little slow IMO but It does have the roadie run the graphics are cool though !!!

Any one try the force feedback wheel and Project Gotham Racing 3 yet ???This has to be the best racing game yet the wheel costs about 150 and it comes with the game !! THE BOMB !!!

And Voodoo yeah you can buy a wireless adapter or run a line from your high speed modem both will work fine!! I still have a phobia that the wireless make my game online lag no proof though but when I loose thats my excuse !!Lol lol lol lol !!!!!!!!

If any one in NC is interested in the LAN parties HOLLA !!!
BF2 is badass, my system lagged a bit on it though, i need 2GB of RAM instead of just the 1GB I have now. I even went out and bought an ATI RADEON X850XT Pro just to play BF2, its a $250 vid card. still lagged without the RAM. i am putting togethor a dual core Atlhon system I intend to use for gaming.

have you played BF2142 yet? the trailer looked awesome and I have not had a chance to play it yet.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

just got me a 360 over christmas as well. i dont have a game yet but i keep renting GoW. of course i am still a huge halo addict and who cares about the campaign, its all about multiplayer! someone told me on GoW that the new Halo2 maps came out, so I was all excited and went to Halo and they were not there, damn bastard!

What I dont like about GoW is the way you do MP, they should design all MP games like Halo where you can party up, so much easier than trying to search for the game from a huge list. Its not even always there to select either.

voodoo....i just ran a 50' cat5 from my router to my xbox. needs an established internet connection and thats it. its $50/yr, or you can get it off a place like amazon.com for $40.
yeah there is some things they need to fix in GoW - but actually a patch should of happened last night at 3am PST (they say) for GoW..

-New maps, chat gitch fixed, stickies and chainsaw fixed...
But I haven't gotten on it today. But i believe GoW blows Halo out of the water (now when Halo wars or 3 comes out - we will see..)

and alot of people complain that Halo just had a couple of good maps where GoW almosteverymap isexcellent(except escalation but i like it because every hates it)

I never played WoW because I alwasy hated World of Warcraft but I played alot of MMORPG's to pass the time in my youth years haha (to voodoo)

Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 AM

I play, KingMushroom is my screen name. If you want to find some good fun games, go here http://www.lxgjforums.proboards18.com it's a little online gaming community. Been playing for more years then I really remember.
I don't have access to the 360, but I still have my xbox. Most everyone on the forum has the 360 though.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 AM

yeah there is some things they need to fix in GoW - but actually a patch should of happened last night at 3am PST (they say) for GoW..

But I haven't gotten on it today.
Gottcha thats what was up with our boxes trying to download updates today!!! We had our LAN party tonight and spent more time on GEARS than normal but I still get stuck in cover trying to roadie run !! That shizzzz pisses me off !!! LOL !!!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

ORIGINAL: rrasco

But I haven't gotten on it today. But i believe GoW blows Halo out of the water (now when Halo wars or 3 comes out - we will see..)

and alot of people complain that Halo just had a couple of good maps where GoW almosteverymap isexcellent(except escalation but i like it because every hates it)

I never played WoW because I alwasy hated World of Warcraft but I played alot of MMORPG's to pass the time in my youth years haha (to voodoo)
you talking about getting chainsawed while you are around a corner, or like when you roll and it glitches back and you are stuck in it? and what about the stickys? i have not played since the update, but i dont even know all these maps yet, im getting most of them though. of course, gridlock i know.....

that was one of the things about halo 2 as well, obviously the same as GoW, they are adding maps and content. gives them a way to keep the game changing from the way it was first out of the box. i like most of the maps on halo 2...i just hate gemini, backwash(which kind of disappeared), and midship. those levels just get to me. i cant wait for the halo 3 beta.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:37 PM

they fixed the cheating on rank games (now it just say's "HOST" instead of the host's name) so it takes alot longer to find your group..

Chat glitch was fixed
Shotgun seems to be more accuarcy (people say they didnt "upgrade it" but i know they fixed it's in-accuarcy)
Chainsaw seems to not glitch anymore (the gravity pull) like if someone runs pass you and you got the chainsaw revved - it pulls him into you.. also the chainsaw glitch where you become immoblized after sawing a guy.
Sticky you cant toss and stick them on people anymore (you could do short distance throws and if the sticky hits the guy before it lands on the ground - it sticks to them) so now short and long throws will never stick to you.

the maps should be out today or tonight - dont know when..

but that's all i know