Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wtf!!!! not made for comfort (PICS, FINALY)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wtf!!!! not made for comfort (PICS, FINALY)

so for xmas i bought myself a pair of A* track pants. how the hell do you guys wear these f***ers!!!! they are sorta breaking in now, i rode around w/ them all afternoon, but wow....haha. plus i read on here that some people wear pants/jeans underneath....how the hell do you manage THAT?! i bought mine slightly bigger (i wear a 30 and got a 32) and there's no way in hell i can get jeans or work pants (dickies) underneath! i just bought a bunch of "Starter" pants...kinda like vented workout pants.

i dont know how people can wear full suits, hahaha!

well, hopefully my xmas present gets a little more comfortable!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wtf!!!! not made for comfort, hahaha

ORIGINAL: jaynd

so for xmas i bought myself a pair of A* track pants. how the hell do you guys wear these f***ers!!!! they are sorta breaking in now, i rode around w/ them all afternoon, but wow....haha. plus i read on here that some people wear pants/jeans underneath....how the hell do you manage THAT?! i bought mine slightly bigger (i wear a 30 and got a 32) and there's no way in hell i can get jeans or work pants (dickies) underneath! i just bought a bunch of "Starter" pants...kinda like vented workout pants.

i dont know how people can wear full suits, hahaha!

well, hopefully my xmas present gets a little more comfortable!

I got a suit too. I felt funny at first, but then I realized that I was wearing the best protection available. It actually feels better when you're tucked. Get used to it b/c you shouldn't ride w/o it if you own it. I also hear that gear gets more flexible with age.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 PM

well, i just keep remembering how GREAT my jacket felt after it finally got broken in. im just worried maybe i bought the wrong size. i keep thinking "are the pucks in the proper spot, are they too high on my leg, are they too loose, too tight?". they fit nice around my waist, and tuck a few inches into a pair of work boots (JUST ordered SMX-R boots). idk, i guess im just worried i spent $400 on them and they are my 1st, so im not 100% sure of how they SHOULD fit, lol.

and i definately plan on wearing them like a helmet.........weather its 10deg or 100deg. i bought'em for a reason

Old 12-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll get used to it, and yea it'll kinda 'break in' as you wear it, just like a pair of shoes. It'll feel weird for awile until you get used to moving around in it or in the riding position. My suit still feels weird if I'm off the bike, but once on and in the riding position, it fits like a glove.

Now that it's cool out, I usually wear my work pants under my suit (just regular Aramark black uniform pants, also with thermals under those) cuz they slide right in without bunching up. I've tried wearing jeans under my suit before, and it's a nightmare trying to get them to go in without getting caught and bunched up, halfway up my leg, lol. The uniform pants are smooth and stuff just kinda slides right on top of them, so they go in no probs. During the summer I just wear some board shorts or something underneath.

^^^ Ok that sounded really perverted, but it wasn't meant to be... really! [8D]

Just wait until summertime when it gets hot out and you start sweating in it... then it's a REAL treat to get off!! The liner sticks to your skin like glue, and when you try and take it off it just kinda 'rolls' on itself, lol. I wore mine down in south Florida this past summer when it was 98 degrees and humid, and a few times I almost had to ask for help yanking the damn thing off, hahah [&:]

Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 PM

well, i just keep remembering how GREAT my jacket felt after it finally got broken in. im just worried maybe i bought the wrong size. i keep thinking "are the pucks in the proper spot, are they too high on my leg, are they too loose, too tight?". they fit nice around my waist, and tuck a few inches into a pair of work boots (JUST ordered SMX-R boots). idk, i guess im just worried i spent $400 on them and they are my 1st, so im not 100% sure of how they SHOULD fit, lol.

and i definately plan on wearing them like a helmet.........weather its 10deg or 100deg. i bought'em for a reason

Don't worry about it. If they aren't loose (like an extra couple inches on your waist), you're ok. I felt funny in mine at first, but when I rode, I forgot all about it. Your pucks are fine. You'll be fine.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:22 PM

yeah thats another thing........they had my bloodpressure UP!!!! the legs seem so skinny and my pants legs just bunch up.

haha, sorry this is kind-of a wierd post. just went riding in them for the 1st time and never owned or tried any on before.....worried about the size (waist fits good though).

and yeah Jared, they feel really good when im seated going down the road, but as soon as i stand up to walk around....[:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Ahhh, breaking in some leather. I hated breaking in my 1 piece....it took the better part of all summer before I could slip into it and actually be comfortable.

You'll know if they don't fit properly.....kinda like a helmet.

Use helmet-fitting as a guide...if the pants are snug then you should be okay once they break in.

The pucks should roughly be located somewhere near the outside of the legs just below the bottom half of the knee cap.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 PM

thanks for the input, guys. very helpful!

i 2day aired my boots so hopefully by the end of next week they will be here. i'll post pics of the gear/me in it. hahaha looks kinda funny right now though. i was riding around w/ a Icon helmet, Icon Daytona jacket, A* track pants, and some walmart steel toe work boots

im slowly getting some top of the line gear (all i need now is the MX-1 jacket), but for the time being.........read above, hahaha. im just half-assed geared up, lol!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Retired Moderator

I don't have that serious of riding gear (yet), but I would imagine, like a jacket, it is cut and meant to be most comfortable in the riding position. They probably aren't meant to be comfortable for walking around town...otherwise I would have bought them years ago, and pranced my sexy *** around town in 'dem biatches! As it stands, the assless chaps are a big hit. [&:]

Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the input, guys. very helpful!

i 2day aired my boots so hopefully by the end of next week they will be here. i'll post pics of the gear/me in it. hahaha looks kinda funny right now though. i was riding around w/ a Icon helmet, Icon Daytona jacket, A* track pants, and some walmart steel toe work boots

im slowly getting some top of the line gear (all i need now is the MX-1 jacket), but for the time being.........read above, hahaha. im just half-assed geared up, lol!
ah so ya look like jared now lmao. j/k

underarmor or the likes ya cant beat. They make it a snap to get leathers on or off. and will keep your cool/warm depending on which ya got.

And mine are comfy. I can wear mine all day.

Quick Reply: wtf!!!! not made for comfort (PICS, FINALY)