Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WOW! I really dont understand how!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOW! I really dont understand how!!!

did anybody stop to think me might have just been saying all this to seem cool to an experienced rider?

i know a guy who just got a zzr600 and said he was doing 150 on his way to work the other day
yeah the bike will do it...barely
but i know his route to work and we'll just say impossible

Old 03-27-2008, 10:17 PM

Well you have think about it from the salesman perspective the kid is either going to spend that cash with you or buy the same bike from someone else.As far as first bike and riding stupid it's a hard lesson to learn if that the road you decide to travel down.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 PM
RCR

I just can't help but wonder why everyone is so down on people getting a bigger bike then what you recommend. I really don't care what someone buys as a first bike. It's his life, his debt, his scars or not. We are not the gaurdians of all newbies and should not be the judge of someone elses abilities that we do not know. IMO

Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 PM

OK. coming from a person who started out on a duck 999. NOT THE TYPE OF BIKE TO START ON. my dad bought me the thing uz he was a dead beat who thought buying things that cost alot for his kid was better then spending time with him, i am lucky to be alive, had a serious crash that almost killed me, and destroyed my bike. he will end up dead with in 1 year, or be lucky and calm down and ride smart.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the comment he may have wanted to look cool to another rider, ended up sounding like a squid.
I'd like to see dealerships offer track days as part of their sales packages, and we could all sleep better at night.......
And you value things far more if you have to pay for them yourself.
I hope he survives, and learns to ride with more responsible riders.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 AM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

It's his...or his familys money, guess makes the Ducati decision up to them. Just hope that it doesn't end up in a dead 22yo with a wrecked new Ducati...

Old 03-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no reason for the dealership not to sell him the bike. When the guy turns 18, it's his responsibility to protect himself. The dealership might have recommended that the bike has a lot more power and suggest a smaller displacement...but it's not with in the dealerships right or responsibility to keep someone from removing themselves from the gene pool. I personally wouldn't want my rights removed from doing something stupid to myself. Can't walk around in a plastic bubble our whole life.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

I see no reason for the dealership not to sell him the bike. When the guy turns 18, it's his responsibility to protect himself. The dealership might have recommended that the bike has a lot more power and suggest a smaller displacement...but it's not with in the dealerships right or responsibility to keep someone from removing themselves from the gene pool. I personally wouldn't want my rights removed from doing something stupid to myself. Can't walk around in a plastic bubble our whole life.
i completely agree. and even so, how do we know that the salesman didnt really really push him to get a smaller bike and he said screw you i want the 848?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Besides the fact that he never rode before and he decided to purchase an 848 which is completely retarded, I think his biggest problem is the group he rides with. It's not like there a bunch of responsible riders teaching him the right way to ride and be safe. Unfortunately this guy is going to ride just like the rest of his "pack" and with no real experience, things dont look good for him.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:32 AM

That's alot of bike for anyone, but it's his life and money. I see a mix around here. Some start ona Ninja 250 and others on 600's. I feel that if you are going to wreck then you will do it on whatever bike your on. I know power can play a part in the accident process, but lot of wrecks are not at crazy speeds anda Ninja 250 will go over 100 mph so that's still fast for a newbe. The peopleI see that get the 250 ends up getting board with it real fast and then looses money and has to getuse to a diffeant bike when they step up.

We all have to live the way we see fit and pay the prices for our mistakes so let just sit back and let life paly it's self out.

Quick Reply: WOW! I really dont understand how!!!