Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wow... I had no idea...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wow... I had no idea...

You guys getting 10k ride hard at all or make wheelies often ? I've never do burnouts but i don't get close to that haha... bout half of 10k.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have never done a burnout, never tried.....hell, dont know if i even could, hahaha! i do not stunt or anything like that. i ride back roads as much as possible in the summer, but in colder weather like what we have now here in MD, i use that time to do open road cruising! i did 850 miles in 4 days and noticed my rear was just about done.

this is the 1st time i've had a rear tire that i bought and used up. the rear tire i bought it w/ was a pilot road, and idk how many miles the previous owner put on it before i got it. but for the PP's i have now, they saw just about 10K.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heard of a few ppl gettin good mileage out of PP's I have Pilot Roads atm n were on the bike when I got it in May, they looked new too then. I have since put over 6k on them and they dont look like I will get another 3 or 4k out of em lol.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Do tires normally cup like that in the center as they wear? My last tire (larger than necessary from previous owner- 190-) was replaced before being completely worn because of a nail. I've seen a few riders with tires that did that in the center and I was just curious. It does not seem... natural. I'd figure a tire would wear the center evenly flat, but maybe at speed it destorts the shape somewhat.
Yea I was wondering about that cupping too. I really don't know why.... I dunno maybe like you said at speed it might pop out some, or it may be a heat thing too... the tire was cold. But it's very thin and flexible in the middle part though... I can poke it with my finger and it's kinda like poking a balloon. With very little pressure it pushes right in, and I can see the dimple from my finger coming through on the inside. So that may have something to do with it, along with the possibility of centrifugal force and/or heat

Old 11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Tires cupping like that are usually the result of improper inflation, drive alignment, suspension set-up, or a combo of all 3.

Still, that's amazing to get 11k out of a PP or any decently sticky and soft sport tire.

You must have ridden very easy squeezy most of the time.

Either way...cool.

Yea that's the weird thing about it.... I always check my tire pressures often and keep them set at the factory recommended 36F/42R. This tire has NEVER been run low... ever. I also keep the wheel alignment perfect... I bought a digital caliper just for this, to measure the exact distance between the adjusters and the swingarm to get them exactly even on both sides. I know the little line indicators aren't exactly accurate, but they're pretty close too! Even doing it by eye before I had the digital caliper it was still pretty damn straight. First time I measured what I had done simply by eye, there was a 1.5mm difference between the 2 sides... not too bad.

Suspension is also good.... I had actually just replaced the rear shock right before I put this tire on

So I dunno... we'll see what this next one does!