Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Would you let this guy live?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011 | 09:38 AM
|
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by leftbehind126
""I don't know how fast he was going, but he had to be going 60+ because I could hear the turbos spooling on the car," said Travis Brown, an employee at a nearby store who witnessed the crash."

Bwahah! Breaking news! People no longer need radar to clock car speeds.. just listen for the "spoolin'" and you'll know just how fast they really are.
My buddy and I couldn't stop laughing at this as well. I'm pretty sure his new theory will stand up in court

Old 08-30-2011 | 11:00 AM
Administrator - Retired

"Matress Mack"? lol..
Reminds me of "Nathan Arizona" in the movie "Raising Arizona".
Remember, he was the rich guy in the movie who had a chain of unpainted furniture outlets.
"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. Chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!" lol...

But yeah.... I'd probably torture that mechanic with a sharp piece of the wrecked car.

Old 08-30-2011 | 12:07 PM

They make cars everyday.
That type of car would be 100% insured so there wouldn't be any worries, plus my mechanic wouldn't be driving it. If there was something wrong with it he/she would be in the jump seat for the "test drive."

Old 08-30-2011 | 12:37 PM

The car will live - too rare to not be rebuilt. If they can rebuild McLaren F1's that have burnt up, and the Enzo that Eddie Griffin crashed, this can be fixed.

The fate of the mechanic, not so clear.

Cars like this are usually self-insured by the owner.

Old 08-30-2011 | 12:50 PM

Strictly from a procedure standpoint... The owner's insurance company will go after the mechanic & garage he works for, since the mechanic is an agent of the garage/business. If the mechanic/garage (insurance) doesn't pay for the damages, they will be sued.

Owners of exotic automobiles have ironclad insurance by companies that deal w/ high cost situations like this.

Old 08-30-2011 | 02:30 PM
Administrator - Retired

If I had a mechanic... I'd be praying that he wrecked my $hit!

But yeah... if I had a car like that.... NOBODY would be driving it but me.

Old 08-30-2011 | 05:03 PM

HAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Mattress Mack.. HAHAHAAHA. Born and raised in Texas, about 100 miles NW of Houston, I remember his commercials. I always said he did cocaine then filmed a commercial... "Gallery furniture saves....you... MONEY!!!!" He would never sit still and always move and bob-around... HAHAHA!!!! Trust me... he can afford another.

Old 08-31-2011 | 06:34 AM

Damn. If the guy had permission to (test) drive it he's probably insured somehow. If he didn't, he's even more ****ed..

Old 08-31-2011 | 06:41 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
HAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Mattress Mack.. HAHAHAAHA. Born and raised in Texas, about 100 miles NW of Houston, I remember his commercials. I always said he did cocaine then filmed a commercial... "Gallery furniture saves....you... MONEY!!!!" He would never sit still and always move and bob-around... HAHAHA!!!! Trust me... he can afford another.
So kind of like our "Sofa King" guy?

"Our prices are Sofa King low, you won't believe them"

Old 08-31-2011 | 06:44 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

I've just spotted R Dub is on 999 posts. Perhaps a wee few drinks may be in order for when he gets big boy pants?

Quick Reply: Would you let this guy live?