Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Winter Gear...what do you wear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter Gear...what do you wear?

ORIGINAL: Paul Square

I'm surprised no one has said this yet...

I wear a Camry in the winter. =D
LMAO.... if we had a "real" winter, I might have said "Jeep Cherokee", but in reality, there's probably only 5-10 days per year that it's truly too cold to ride.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:27 AM

JR Ballistic 6.0 jacket - JR alter ego pants - Sidi boots - Held gloves. That's all you need! Now if I could only find a heated cup...

Old 10-25-2006, 02:39 AM

I live near Seattle, lots of rain, half a year of it, and temps dip into the 30's, but hover in the 40's, 50's all winter. I wear a Feildsheer textile jacket and pants, a fleece neck gaitor, and a nice fleece top under my jacket and thats good for me. My legs don't really get cold, as long as my torso and upper is warm I'm fine. I just bought a pair of firstgear gloves....100% waterproof, super thin, but cozy, warm as hell, got the rubber blade over the finger to wipe your visor. Can't recall what style, I threw away the tags, but they were 75.00, love em.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: telepathboy

JR Ballistic 6.0 jacket - JR alter ego pants - Sidi boots - Held gloves. That's all you need! Now if I could only find a heated cup...

Baha! Shrinkage is most definitely the worst side effect of riding in the fall/winter! How am i supposed to roll up on some fine ladies and get my mack on when i'm the size of a kindergardner? My confidence level always mirrors the size of my trouser snake.

Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Flip

Baha! Shrinkage is most definitely the worst side effect of riding in the fall/winter! How am i supposed to roll up on some fine ladies and get my mack on when i'm the size of a kindergardner? My confidence level always mirrors the size of my trouser snake.
LMAO!! nice Flip - that's some funny sh-it. I know it's difficult, but I try not to drop my pants until I at least get a phone number

Old 10-26-2006, 05:54 AM

Full thermals, quilt lined textile trousers (belstaff), back protector couple of fleecy layers, textile armoured jacket, snoof and frank thomas aquapore winter gloves. Tends to do the job, am quite tempted by getting some heated grips, but I don't fancy the winter commute this year, going to stick to pleasure riding only. I've seen the damage road salt/grit can do to a bike in a matter of weeks.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: telepathboy

ORIGINAL: Flip

LMAO!! nice Flip - that's some funny sh-it. I know it's difficult, but I try not to drop my pants until I at least get a phone number
Oh, so THATS what i am doing wrong. I suppose i misinterpreted the screaming, disgusted looks, silent snickering, and running away.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 AM

I'm used to the Florida weather...but now that I'm in Jersey I wear:

Undershirt, Long Sleeve Shirt, Icon Mesh, Sweatshirt
Something to protect my neck, Helmet
Spandex gloves, Riding gloves
Sweatpants, Jeans
Two pairs of socks, Boots

I think that's it...

Old 10-26-2006, 03:40 PM

I just bought some Moto GP Rainproof pants from Newenough, windproof and with a quilted liner, I'm good to go. Winter thermal gloves, a neck protector, and my mesh jacket with the thermal and windproof liner in, oh also sidi boots... plenty warm for 40 degree weather here in DC.