Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wife backed into my new bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife backed into my new bike

So, I bought a CBR600 six weeks ago. First time having a bike, so I've been riding a lot. I needed to take it to the shop for it's first check up (600 miles). I was going to have my wife follow me, so I would have a ride home. So I was sitting in the driveway about to turn left, when I looked back to see if she was coming...she was, alright, about four feet from me and still backing up. The next thing I know I am lying on my stomach in the middle of the street, and my bike is on its side. She hit the exhaust a destroyed it, the right side fairing is ruined, and I have to replace the front fairing and right turn signal...$1600. If I use my insurance, I will actually be raising my own insurance premiums. Here I have been so careful watching out for the idiots who are trying to kill me; little did I know the first accident I would have would be caused by my own wife. On the bright side, I'm not dead, and I get to fix my bike with all the modifications I been thinking about. Anyway, it is sure a heart breaker. I'm in a dark stage of depression right now, but I'm sure it will be okay.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Default RE: wife backed into my new bike

oh man, thats some seriously rotten luck! hopefully that will be your only bingle. i could only imagine the tension at the dinner table that night lol. tough break man. let us know how the repaier job goes

Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 PM

sorry to hear that. guess she couldn't see you sitting there? in any case glad you weren't hurt or anything. i'm sure she felt pretty bad about that too.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:11 PM

So you're wife was out to get you. LOL

I'm glad you're OK! I bet she is kissing your butt to make up for this one.

Oh yeah, try ebay.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 PM

You guys sound like "Mr. & Mrs. Smith". [8D] That sucks! Hope you get it back up and running soon.

+1 on the ebay thing. They've got a lot stuff.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:46 PM

That sucks to hear, but at least you weren't hurt. On the bright side of things, if in the future you want to do something and she won't let you, just bring up 'remember that time you ran over me and my new bike' lol

Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator

I've got at least a month of all the beer and **** I can get my hands on! Poor thing, the first thing she did when she realized I wasn't actually underneath her car was throw up from the stress. She was almost more excited about that bike than I was. She's a pro motorcycle wife BIG TIME. Just put her on the back the other day, and we were going to look at bikes for her when we dropped mine for service. Well, instead of a down payment, I've got to get ripped off by the stealership. Ebay no gots what I needs! Thanks for the possitive feedback guys, I needed that from folks who can really feel my pain (maybe even have a time or two already). I kept my cool after the incident, and joked that all she had to do was ask for a divorce...Mr. and Mrs. Smith...I like that )

Old 08-31-2006, 01:15 AM
oNi

damn that really sucks, hope you get it looking better than it was after the repairs.

good luck getting her a bike too! at least she's kool with bikes and felt bad for what happened than getting mad at you.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:06 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

That sucks to hear, but at least you weren't hurt. On the bright side of things, if in the future you want to do something and she won't let you, just bring up 'remember that time you ran over me and my new bike' lol
^^Exactly!
Milk it for all it's worth LOL
Glad to hear you are ok...
Just imagine all the times you could use the "You DID run my bike over...blah blah blah"
"Honey I'm going out with the guys" <Wife objects>
"Well I'd go out riding instead but since you ran my bike over...."
or
"Hey honey lets try something new in the sack...." <Wife objects>
"Wow I'd think you'd want to lift my spirits after running me over on my bike, I just wanted to throw some excitement into the mix, guess the only new exciting experiences I get are Auto Related"
and on and on and on.
LOL

Old 08-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo mang...did you let wifey find out how much life insurance you've got? that's a definite no no!!!

go ronayers for the parts....and ebay...

Quick Reply: wife backed into my new bike