Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

why won't she ride with me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why won't she ride with me?

My old lady won't even wash my bike much less get on it with me.I guess she's scared to go down,but when I am riding my scoot I only run the speed limit(sometimes)but I'm a very cautious rider.Lord knows sliding down the highway sucks and the reflectors hurt.(poor bulldog bastard)But she refuses to hop on with me.Sure my track record of keeping a ride shiney side up is alittle flawed but that's on race fourwheelers and dirt bikes.Imean I only wrecked a streetbike because I couldn't avoid the pitbull I hit a few months ago.Hell it was only road rash.No big deal.But it scares her.How can I convince her it's ok to ride with me?I promised her no wheelies>

Old 10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: why won't she ride with me?

my girl is super scared to get on too. But I did talk her into getting on a few times. I dont think you can force someone on that doesnt want to ride.

But a little peer pressure never hurt... All I did was take my girl around the block a few times & promised to go slow. she was scared ****less before she ever got on, when I pulled in the driveway at the end of the ride she had a smile from ear to ear...

Yet she still doesnt really like to go very far/fast so I dont force to do anything she doesnt like... I always feel the first time I force her on, something will happen and i'll never live it down.

Good luck with her man...

Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Maybe she doesnt want road rash. Offer to buy her a full set of gear, although you should anyhow if you love her.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM

You might not want her to get on if she is that scared. She needs to be comfortable getting on.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you cannot force her, as said already. also, give her all your gear (obviously have 2 helmets though) and just slowly take her around the block. dont lean hard, dont speed up quick, dont brake hard.

you have to think about it......have you EVER ridden on the back of a friends quad, dirtbike, sportbike? if so, you'll know maybe what she's feeling. you have to keep in mind your passenger has a different mindset that you while on that 2 wheel beast. you're in control of the bike, she has NO CONTROL WHAT SO EVER on that perch seat. she's along for the ride and if you screw up, if someone/something in traffic screws up.......theres nothing she can do.

but if you get her out there a few times fully geared......i can almost guarentee that if you take it very slow, she'll love it!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM

I raised her life insurance and only have one helmet.Just kidding I don't have full gear but with a rider on my other stuff i've always be careful.Now by my self it's a differant story.I guess that's what she maybe looking at.I told her I can take my girlfriend instead.That didn't work either.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just commented this issue. The wife feel uncomfortable with the ergo, wind blowing straight to her face. Took her for a couple of runs and that's it. Once borrowed a buddy's goldwing, took her out and she enjoyed it very much.

I take it as an advantage for me though....

Old 10-14-2008, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: nabobblaster

My old lady won't even get on it with me.I guess she's scared to go down,but when I am riding I'm a very cautious rider. Lord knows sliding down sucks. But she refuses to hop on with me.Sure my track record is alittle flawed but that's on dirt. Hell it was only rash. No big deal. But it scares her. How can I convince her it's ok to ride with me?
I think there's hidden messages here

Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
VP

My girlfriend LOVES riding with me (LOVES IT). But she's not always in the mood. Once I convinced her the first time I would take it nice and easy she was on board....a few trips around the neighborhood and she was asking for more.

On a side note, I recently convinced my mom to ride with me on the Repsol. THAT was awkward for all sorts of reasons but I'm glad she did it.

Quick Reply: why won't she ride with me?