Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why not more cc classes out of Honda?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not more cc classes out of Honda?

i agree with fingers... im about 220 pounds but dont wanna get a liter bike.. ive always thought a 750 would be an awesome bike for honda to make because there is no way in hell i would buy a gxsr. i absolutly hate the apperience and quality.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:35 PM

Can someone list the models that we do get here in the States?...thanks!

I have to look for them pics.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:10 PM

I don't know about america, but here in Canada models we don't get

CB1000R

CB1300F and CB1300 Super Bol'd OR

CBF250
Well basically most of the cb models lol

Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sell a naked CB400 in Japan and Australia, and I'd be very tempted if they started importing it to the U.S.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

to clear it up the only diff btw gixxr 600 and 750 are internals in the engine
so its really not that far off of a conversion. although the current 600rr might have different clearances that would not allow for simply boreing and stroking it to 750cc. ...but, it would be so cool if that were do able on your own.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have wondered why they don't market everything they make either. I mean they make 400s and 750s and 125s ... how much more could it cost to throw a couple on a showroom floor? Unless it is some emission thing that's a total horrible pain.

Seems the bike manufacturers are always a few years behind what a vast segment of the market want. But when you have limited choices you buy what they got or go somewhere else.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: thegreenbandit

The Honda 800 Interceptor.. That bikes nothing but a joke! Completly gutless, and if the vtech kicks in on a corner it's scary

Honda doesn't seem to know how to market bikes here in North America. eg I really like the euro CB1000R, but honda won't be bringing it to canada cause the Honda Hornet was a complete failure. Well no kidding, the hornet sucked. Who brings out a carb bike in this day an age, when even bandits are fuel injected?

I was just at the bike show last weekend, and they where showing the DN-01 17 grand for a scooter? hmm Wake up Honda

Gutless. Probably the wrong wording for a bike that does just fine on the track, road, and traveling. Have you ridden one or are you saying what a bunch of fake bikers are saying? I own a fifth gen so I have no opinions on the vtec.

The ninja 250 and hyosung 250 sell like hot cakes around here. I dont know why someone else doesnt compete. I loved my ninja 250. Wouldnt mind getting one of the newer ones.

I love the look of the newer gsxr's. I'd take a 750.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 PM

yes I have riden one. I was planing on buying my friends 2006 model.
When the vtech is not engaged it's pretty gutless, more tuned for highway cruising. And when the vtech engages around 6000 rpm it's like a turbo kicking in or something. It's a huge smack of instantaniuos all or nothing power. Best way I can describe it's it like a light switch, click, boom power. Which I could have gotten used to in straight aways. But what happend to me is I was in a turn then I accedentally hit the 6000 mark, and the bike give me a good jolt and scared the crap out of me.
I think the newer ones might be better. I think really though they need to make it with a button, that turns the vtech on or off manually, like the riding modes on a suzuki

Quick Reply: Why not more cc classes out of Honda?