Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why do you like bikes or ride them?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do you like bikes or ride them?

I can't say that I like to ride because I never have. I like bikes because of how they look, sound, and just are bad ***.

I'm asking 'cause my g/f asked me last night and I couldn't give her an answer other than I just like 'em.

So why do you like them?

Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Default RE: What do you like bikes or ride them?

the first time i went 20 on a bike it felt like i was doing 100! it doesnt have the same effect on me but the rush is still there everytime you twist the throttle thats why i love em!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:51 PM

for me its the love oh driving something else..i get very bored with cars...and the looks are cool too. i kinda love to that i can beatr alomst everything on the rode..its a good feelin.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 PM

For me it's the feeling of freedom, being out in the open air and feeling the wind rush by and the warmth of the sun. I also love the feeling of going into a corner and leaning over... something you can't get in a cage.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:27 PM

Because chicks dig it. No, just kidding. It's about the freedom as oldfatguy said. All of the power and acceleration is also a good part of it but being able to power into an S curve then flip it back to the other side is also good times.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:04 PM

Definitly like the feeling of being free. You don't have all the crap around you like a car. I guess I just like the rush of it. I also really like the look of sport bikes, just something about them.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:09 PM

its all about becoming one with the bike, to where you dont have to think about riding anymore. the 45 mpg and being able to do 0-120 in a few seconds is nice as well.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: QuinC

its all about becoming one with the bike, to where you dont have to think about riding anymore. the 45 mpg and being able to do 0-120 in a few seconds is nice as well.

I'll take it back old school japanese animation, Robotec. I used to have this toy called the cyclone. Whatching the cartoon the rider armour would merge w/ the bike. I was 7-8 years and thought it was the illest thing I ever seen, and I wanted to be that thing. [sm=lame.gif]. Closest thing to feeling like a fighter pilot. Minus the missles.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love everything... the looks, the sound, the awsome handling and being able to toss it around in the corners, effortless rapid acceration, the uniqueness and being different from a car. One of the things I enjoy most though is the purely AWSOME people I've met since I've been in the bike scene. Just seems everybody has some weird kind of bond and just gets along like family. Of course not everyone is as friendly I'm sure, maybe I've just been lucky but with our local sportbike forum I've got a vast group of friends that are like an extended family... we all get together minimum once a week, sometimes 3-4 times a week and go somewhere and do something, then the group rides almost every sunday morning. Keeps me out of trouble

As for the bikes themselves, one of the things that really drew my attention was the sound. I just couldn't get enough of that super smooth high pitch whine of the inline 4's just screaming along, with a sound reminding me of a formula 1 car whine.... I LOVE IT!! Not the same thing I know, but probably the closest sound that you'll find on a public road.

Of course I can't forget the look on homeboy's face when he's in his high end sports car with his g/f, messing with you trying to impress the ladies, and you just spank his ***... and then remind him "and I only paid $8000 for mine!", oh and then blow his g/f a kiss too... PRICELESS!

Old 04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Retired Mod

its all about the feeling. you ride inside a car, but you ride ON a motorcycle. you are part of the world around you instead of looking through the glass. when it's hot, you get hot. when it's cold, you get cold. when it rains, you get wet. you are experiencing the ride and everything that goes with it. in a car, it's all about getting from point A to point B. on a motorcycle, it's the line between the 2 points that matter.

the looks, sound, fuel milage, and speed are all bonuses. but for me it's the feeling, the rush, the emotions that make riding so special.

Quick Reply: Why do you like bikes or ride them?