Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why do they put fenders on in the first place?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do they put fenders on in the first place?

why doesnt honda just save ppl the time of putting the eliminator kits on and just make there own inteegrated tail light?

Old 09-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been wondering this myself... I wonder if it's some DOT regulation or something. No idea.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:51 PM

DOT and laws

Old 09-02-2010, 03:14 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
DOT and laws
+1 thats half of it....

and the second half is because why not take a motorcycle.... put some cheesy parts on it they know no one will like.... and sell it for X amount of dollars.... they say hey look u can get these super cool parts you could have had in the first place, but we wanted to charge you extra on top of what u already paid for them.....

so they make X amount of dollars, and then another X amount......

those who say that honda is not who directly sells aftermarket parts... correct... but im sure when companies do R&D they get specs from Honda and honda charges for those....

and im sure they nickle and dime here and there

sadly enough part of the reason they do it is for more profit on top of what they make from the bike itself

Last edited by __Z__; 09-02-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM

they should offer bikes like cars with packages you can add for extra $$

Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by bammerman
they should offer bikes like cars with packages you can add for extra $$
Some dealers do

Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM

Wish ours did, the honda shop barely carries streets anymore there shop mainly cruisers and offroad

Old 09-02-2010, 06:39 PM

i figured they would make more money by integrating the tail light, and charging extra for the bike MSRP. Also i would think that third party companies would just have access to a bike to get the specs and dimensions.

i had thought that they must do it for some financial reason. i couldnt really think of a reason why it would be unlawful for bike manufacturers to integrate the taillight and have a license plate holder, but it is not against the law for the owner of the bike to do it..

Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM

I love fenders. They hold my license plate perfectly, and even light it up! And they keep little stones and rocks from chipping my windshield when I drive behind other bikes in my car. And, even better than all that, fenders keep the road grime and chain grease from soiling the underneath of my tail section.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
I love fenders. They hold my license plate perfectly, and even light it up! And they keep little stones and rocks from chipping my windshield when I drive behind other bikes in my car. And, even better than all that, fenders keep the road grime and chain grease from soiling the underneath of my tail section.
Absolutely!!

I love fenders too ... they hold my rather LARGE license plate in place ... manufacturers generally do things for a reason and all my bikes have always been factory standard and never modded ... I have always been happy with my bikes with their original factory appearance ... I even like my indicators on stalks, they make me feel safer because they are more visible to other road users rather than the flush mount aftermarket ones I have seen ... but, each to their own, I guess

Jules

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do they put fenders on in the first place?