Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK

just felt like causin a war lol post some funny stuff about gixxers.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Default RE: WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK

It's more of a product or word assoiation, the folks that own them and all. I have ridden many GSX-R's and thier nice bikes, but so are all of the big 4 Jap bikes, I just prefer the fit, finish and durability of Honda. I have many friends who ride GSX-R's and they are great guys and gals, but they would be so no matter what they rode. GSX-R's just have the whole marketing thing down pat, and they appeal to allot of folks. Guys who read the mags see that the GSX-R is faster so they get it, never mind it is only 1/10th faster than brand "X" ridden by a pro rider, they just see it as the latest and baddest bike and they get it. I hate civics, not so much for the car, but all the punks I see who drive em, rattle-can paint jobs, loose boddy parts, a stupid loud exhaust and to top it off some ******* with a bulletproof attitude driving the damn thing. Now, I know not all civic guys are jerks, just 90% of the ones I run into are, so I can't help but lump em into the same group. Same with GSX-R's, but more often than not I tend to like anyone til they give me a reason not to.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 PM

i actually have a gixxer lol its my stepdads. they are nice bikes but i think its all just a rivalry type deal. like ford and chevy and that type of stuff. and plus its fun to make fun of not honda bikes

Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM

I might get flammed for this but I think that the GSX-R would have the best looking bike if they got rid of the cyclops light and went with the sharp dual lights like the Honda's, not so wide as the R1's but more conservative. I like the style and the tail section is #1 of all of em, they come with the cowl which is a plus, and it has that sharp, shark look to it. Always liked their color schemes too. Have no doubt, I dig hondas and have always only owned CBR's, but I can appreciate aspects of other bikes, regardless of maunufacturer.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 PM

Smitty that has backfired on ya. Tried to start **** and aaaaaaa nothing.

OK here you go I hate the GSXR because every punk kid thaty has a few bucks and no brain thinks they can ride one. and I have found that most of them can not. (their are some done kill me) but the GSXR is cheeper and they have the markiting down (quote shocktroop) so you see them everywhere.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Yep i wont bite either, i have owned 2 gsx-r's and both were very solid and good to me.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 PM

I have ridden GSXR, BUSA, R1, Ninjaand they are all great bikes I even had a BMW test ride and I loved the new sportbike they have out very well balanced. You will be hard pressed to find a bad big 4 bike now days their is just too much at stake for them to take a big risk on something new.

Old 03-19-2008, 01:20 AM

More squids than average.

They really are nice bikes, espescially if you can tune in the soft suspensions. Oh, and I find the 06 1k gixxer to have a VERY uncomfortable seat!

Old 03-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing wrong with gsxrs

Old 03-19-2008, 01:38 AM

should have named this post " why we love gixxy's" i would call you sell outs, but you all have good points, i still don't like um cause of the dumb a$$es on um, but they are pretty good bikes.

Quick Reply: WHY DO GIXXERS SUCK