Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why bash cops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about you guys but I seem to get that one cop out of 100 that's a dick always. Whenever I take my civic out I get harrased, and it's clean as **** just lowered none of that ricer ****. I think cops here just love busting hondas because of all the ricers that drive around. I don't by any means hate cops, but sometimes I get the notion they just don't like their job because they see a young guy who takes pride in the stuff he has.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 PM

I love cops. They keep me safe. Especially from crazy-*** drunks with guns who shoot first:

The whole story (thanks woo):
http://missoulian.com/news/local/2dd...cc4c002e0.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tBFX...eature=related

I say cut 'em some slack for being out on the front lines. Cops are the only ones putting the peace in "peace, liberty, and justice for all." Thanks badges!

Last edited by SpiritRR; 05-28-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What profession doesn't get bashed in one way or the other now a days? Lawyers are known as vicious money-hungry manipulating bastards. GeekSquad computer repair people are known as drugged-out dip****s who will rip you off. Teachers are seen as lazy douchebags who are ruining our children. Entertainers are consistently ripped on for various reasons. Circus performers are generally seen as freaks. Prostitutes are seen as dirty and sleezy. Post office workers are bashed on for all those conspiracy BS things. Even the President of the United States always has half the population ragging on them for BS that most people don't even understand.

The only really difference I see between (well, this includes the President) cops and the rest of these people is that I voluntarily decide to get ripped off/cheated/ruined/etc. when I elect to receive services from any of the above mentioned and police officers sit in the trenches and come and render their services without ready consent. But in all seriousness, that's barely a real distinction. As people have mentioned, everyone's just doing their job. I consider all of these valuable contributions to society and helps us move along. People like to put **** on other people while ignoring that giant brown spot fuxxing up their self-perception... what is that, cognitive dissonance or whatever.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is easy to play monday morning quarterback.. but when your adrenaline is pumping and you might lose your life and everything dear to you because of a mistake, you have to be on your toes and make a decision now... yeah there are ******** police officers.. just like every profession...

I almost went into the force, and I have a few friends that chose it as their career... I know that when we each say goodbye to our families when we go off to work that I have a much better chance of returning.

Generalizations are bad... when talking about any group of people..

JMO

Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As those of you who have been on the Forum for a while know, I spend almost all day dealing with the Police, Lawyers, Douche bags and pretty much the whole gamut of society.
I too have been on the "wrong end" of a LEO having a bad day - who hasn't ?
For the most part, people are people, certain professions seem to attract people of a certain, shall we say, psychological profile, more than others.
And I say thank the good Lord for that. Imagine Geoffrey Dahmer as a surgeon......or OJ as a Lawyer (the mind boggles).
By the very nature of the work, it is a necessary attribute for LEO's to be authoritarian. WE actually make them that way most of the time..........think about it..........
LEO's have a miserable time of it all in all - always seen as "the enemy" by anyone in or on a moving vehicle, or engaged in any kind of "illegal " activities - whether they be minor or major by definition. Tell me anyone who loves his local IRS adjuster...............NOPE
I have found the best way to deal with them is to act in a manner that they don't expect - be courteous, maybe share a joke - it's amazing the effect it can have.
I had occasion yesterday to be pulled over in my car by a young traffic Officer (lady) - clearly a rookie-
My first words were
"Hi Officer, boy do you make that uniform look good "- her mail colleagues heard the exchange, and burst out laughing - she was so embarrassed she didn't remember why she had stopped me, just told me to shut my car door, at which point I explained that I had opened it to shield her from other vehicles - she was then completely flustered, and her male colleagues went at it again - I think she was happy to see the back of me - end result - everyone had a good laugh, she'll never forget it, especially when, having been told to leave I called her "Sweet cheeks" and smiled...........
LEO's - doing a difficult job the best way they know how, for the most part. Sure, there are lazy ones, corrupt ones, just incompetent ones - but find me any profession that doesn't.
Next time you get pulled over, smile, and be polite - and if you're old like me you could try a funny remark...................
At least you guys and girls get to fight your tickets in Court.....................

Old 05-29-2010, 11:41 AM

That story is tragic and I think the cop should be convicted based on that video. However, too many people take these very rare examples of police misconduct to add fuel to their fire.

The unusual UHP behavior that I mentioned inquiring about was an officer getting in position to stop someone on the freeway who was speeding and swerving at other cars. The motorist was stopped and taken off the road, possibly saving lives. You never hear about that stuff, though. Only encounters in which someone is hurt or killed. Good news isn't news as far as ratings are concerned. Society is too pessimistic for that.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:44 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by dmcb2120
I ride with cops, but have you ever gotten pulled over for absolutly no reason at all ? I have !!!!! Have you ever gotten search while walking into gas station ? I have !!!!! I'm a young black man that dresses like a man. I wear my clothes a lil baggy but never sagging I dont wear headrags or have a "DRUG dealers car". So why did I get pulled over who knows, is it enough for me to to not give a crap one or the other about a cop YES IT IS.
The sad part about this man is that its def. in some cases DWB which is bs. My aunt was married and divorced to a colored gentleman, they got a divorce (bc he has some issues) needless to day he has a warrant out, every time they run my aunts plates and see a colored gentleman (including her son) in her car they pull her over and double check to make sure its not him... i dont see how thats legal bc isnt that racial profiling?

Not saying you have ever done it bubba but its one of those things bro where one crooked individual can ruin it for all....

Old 05-29-2010, 01:22 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

On a separate note... I have the up most respect for the law and the leo's that uphold it. But I will be COMPLETELY honest here and say at least in my local area I have been pulled over for such weary things I have lost alot of respect for some... I realize not all leo are crooked or out to get me or anything like that and if im breaking the law I accept the penalties without any problem what so ever... I always use my yes sir, no sir, yes maam, no maam. Ive even let a leo search my car without a warrany (i have no record what so ever except one speeding ticket). But here are my stories as to why I have lost respect for a select few...

1) Driving home at 1 AM minding my own business in my eclipse gsx (Police magnet) I come up over a overpass (40 mph posted limit i was prolly doin like 43) and come down the other side after u get about 30 feet speed limit is reduced to 30 I was slowing down I was prolly doing around 34 when I passed the police officer sitting there with his lights off I didnt see him but the light in front of me was red so I was stopping.... The I saw lights and the officer told me I was 7 over.... I know arguing with the officer was pointless and I got the ticket because he was profiling my car....

(speeding ticket)

2) Night time got pulled over on city limits for "having a license plate light out" then he saw a cooler in my car and asked to search the car... he felt stupid after doing the search and finding that my cooler had lunch containers in it and the rest of the car was completely empty of anything..... next day went to autozone to get a new license plate light... just to find out it was never out in the first place (aka he just made up a reason to pull me over and I didnt even think to second guess him and check my license light)

(no ticket)

3) Driving my eclipse to school and had to park on "the hill" i went up the hill and there is a place to do a 3 point turn to go back down the hill and park.... of course i pull into this 3 point turn spot and of course this day there was a cop sitting there... i put the car in reverse and back out... then i put my car in drive again (I saw the leo and realized i needed to be smart about the situation, but keep in mind a eclispe gsx is a awd car to it takes a little gas to get her going) i dont like rocker her out to 7k and drop the clutch or anything... i just give her enough gas to get her going and go on my way down the hill (i think what killed me again is profiling my car and that i had a HSK Hi-Power cat-back) i pull into my spot on the hill to see him pull right behind me (in front of school how embarrassing) he comes to my window saying i took off like a bat out of hell (i moved 50 feet lol) said i was lucky i didnt hit anyone (there was no one else their that early bc i want a good spot) he said he wanted to get me for reckless driving but he couldnt because i didnt hit anyone so he could only get me for my exhaust....

(loud exhaust ticket)(not a moving violation)

I have more 2 more but im tired of typing lol... I guess what i am just getting at is the times ive been pulled over the leo have kinda bent the rules on their behalf so I have lost respect for some but I have been pulled over for legit reasons as well like plates not matching car (they hadnt transfered yet) (not ticket) and speeding actually doing 7 over lol....

but that speeding ticket was my last ticket ive gotten

Quick Reply: Why bash cops?