Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why am I at fault?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why am I at fault?

I lowsided my CBR600RR about 2 weeks ago, on a local canyon road. Rider fatigue was the reason I went down.I put in a claim to my insurance company today to get my bike fixed. I haven't made a claim to any insurance company for about 7 years so I figured it couldn't hurt. The rep said that they would fix my bike and I had nothing to worry about. Then tonight I check my email and I get a letter from the insurance company saying that I am "at fault" for the accident that caused damage to my bike. Now we all know that this is true, but what I told the insurance company was that I was doing the speed limit and hit a patch of gravel and went down. This is also what the CHP agreed happened at the accident site. So should I be held "at fault" for this? Now the insurance company doesn't have a copy of the police report yet. Does anyone think thatthe reportwill help? The letter also said that I could appeal this, but will it be successful? Any input would help, thanks.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Default RE: Why am I at fault?

It shouldnt matter if your at fault or not as long as you have collision insurance. Usually all accidents are your fault if your the only one involved, but there are other factors that helped out with yours. Did you tell them you were fatigued or is it pretty obvious when you went down that it was rider error?

Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 AM

Unsafe riding/driving

Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Banned

Even if you crashed into someone else, they would still fix your bike. The only difference is that you would be cited by the police for your error. In this case your error didn't hurt anything but your bike.

My guess is that you will get your money, Insurance companies don't mind paying for mechanical stuff, they really just hate hospital and doctor costs.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:23 AM

you guys are all assuming he has collison and not just liability. if its just liability the Insurance CO is probably not paying for that. only if you have collision, and you'll have to pay your deductible.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 AM

yep.. collision = deductible..

liability = them not paying for ****.

and if you have collision and they deny you.. just tell them you are getting an attorney and thanks but no thanks.. that usually changes thier tune.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:59 AM
RCR

Yes, your at fault and your insurance rates are going up.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone else think that he was talking about a woman?

For that the answer is easy...you just are deal with it.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 AM

ouch, glad your ok....but now prepare to be penatrated by the big dicks, aka "the insurance companys"

first mistake you made, making a claim to your insurance co. whenever its just u driving and getting in an accident then its your fault. if you just lowsided then your bike cant be that bad. maybe something a lil rattle can cant fix, guessin worst case senario you have to get some new plastics right? either way, you shouldnt have made a claim cause now ur insurance is gonna go up...for the next three years.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 AM

It was your fault. In most states the only way it wouldnt be your fault is if a speeding truck came out of a mountain and clipped your bumper or something. They will fix your bike if you have collision, after you pay the deductible, but they will also most certainly bend you over the counter with rates when you have to re-up your policy. They will also get you on your cars as well... Once you have a claim into the system anything you try to insure with wheels on it will be more then it was before. Them pointing out that it was your fault is just there way of making sure its clear, and that you know, that it was something you did, only so that they have something to point the finger at when they charge you for it later. Personally I think that was a mistake. After you pay the deductible, and the rate increases, you could have fixed the thing twice on your own. Unless the frame is bent, call your bro with a pickup and get that sucker home before anyone sees you.

Quick Reply: Why am I at fault?