Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why Is it that....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Is it that....

I have 500 miles on my brand new 06 600RR. The only other time i rode was a 1994 zx7r for about 200 miles. I dropped that one(zx7r) stopping the bike and going too fast when i realized ohh **** thats a car infront of me. Im not saying i Wont drop my new one but i can ride it fine in normal weather and traffic. The only thing i can think of is the Ohh **** a car is pulling out/ or a slick road @ the begining of a storm. But thats why i Search, Evaluate, execute with my 12 second buffer zone. I also float with my bike around the road as to put myself in the best position i can to be see and avoid people who are @ side streets.

I debated long and hard about getting new or used or what to do. However i dont do stupid stuff, i have taken msf classes, and i have "common sense" Might i drop it over road paint on a rainy day? Yeah i might... in the same regard i know to take the turns slower and reduce the lean to as little as possible. I am not interested in riding wheelies, or doing endos(stoppies). I enjoy the feeling of a persons body controling the machine not just sitting in a cage turning a wheel. I love the look and feel of Super sport bikes as well.

Whos to say a rider of 10 years wont go into a resturaunt and have his stand dig into the asphalt and bam over goes his/her new 1kRR? or they wont get on their new bike and have a car pull out infront of them.. Somethings you cant avoid with experience and alot of new riders only damage their vehicles because of that situation.. You just dont hear about it because there is no reason to post "i made it another day without wrecking" you will end up cursing yourself [X(].

Its my $10,000 if i wanna go spend it on a new bike and learn on it, or spend it on a used bike and go learn it dont matter much cause i am the one going to work day in and day out to fund my love. I respect my ride, I love my ride, I wear the right gear when i ride(minus leather pants i go denim) I worked in an ER for 2 years and i know what can happen wehn these vehicles are not respected.

Why is it such a big deal if ppl do buy new and learn on it? Its their life, their money. Dont take it personal or anything but who cares. Thin the herd of the idiots and maybe we (sport bike riders) will get a better name.

/end rant

Once again nothing personal its just my opinion

Old 08-09-2006, 10:09 PM

Kid at work wanted a bike, never ridden before, went out and got an 06' R6, within a week you could see the back tire was severely worn from him smokin em up, youd see him blasting past cars like nothing and just all-round being squidly, shorts, t-shirt and an old beat to hell bell helmet. Well, dude hit an 18 wheeler, was rounding a corner at around 45 or so on a 15mph curve in a congested part of a busy shopping center. The 18 wheeler was pulling out into a right turn, swinging wide to make the turn, maybe 5mph tops, and here comes ole crash bandicoot into the side of the rear wheels, he falls off, goes sliding, bike gets caught up and run over by the rear wheels of the trailer. And the funny part, Washington doesn't require motorcycle insurance, and for some reason his lein holder didn't, so...you guessed it, his poor bike is sitting in fron of his apartment busted to all hell. Both handlebars broken, case leaking oil, forks bent, swingarm severely dented, front rim busted, and every peice of plastic damn near destroyed, I can't think of one peice on that bike that is salvageable. And no insurance, hes making payments at 18% on a destroyed ride. Dude broke a bone in his wrist and acts like alls cool. Oh well, his money I guess I should go take a picture of it for you guys.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 PM

I can relate to this about every body going down, what is up???? buy the most powerful thing you"ve ever riden and just grab a hand full of "OH ****" and go for it ???? knock on wood, me and the 93 f2 are rubber side up.....always, I look for the dirt in the road, the gravel, and what not, how hard is it to exersise some restraint ???? I don't get it [&o]

Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 AM

Lowcash I was liking your post until at the end when you called me an idiot. =( Just because I bought a new bike and learned on it you want me to die? So only the people that have been riding for years are allowed to have a new bike? Maybe I wanted something with a warranty because I don't know much about bikes and if something breaks down on the bike I don't want to have to dish out money for repairs. You may say, why didn't I just go to a dealer buy a used bike get the extended warranty and learn on that you stupid idiot? Well around here the best deal at a dealer I found was I think it was 99 f4 that was $5500 with 18k miles. My payments per month would have been around $140-150. So I looked into buying a used bike at a dealer and it was the same per month for me to get a brand new bike. Just made more sense to spend only $2500 more have the same payments per month and have a brand spankin new bike with a full warranty and something without any scratches and I know that the bike wasn't dropped or overly beaten. If you can get a good deal on a brand new bike then why not do it?

Mike

Old 08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear ya snowboarding that makes sense, however not all people make it the way you have so far. i am in no way saying that a new rider should not be able to get a new bike, it is your money, your bike, your decision, however when my rates go up because some squid just bought an 06 600 or 1000RR and wanted to see what the top speed was before learning what a highside was, then i pay for it as well as every other person in our community. not to mention it gets old seeing the same damn post every week as i mentioned to begin with. kind of the same concept as a guy buying a $50,000 harley getting the skull cap, bandana, saddlebags, and the leather vest and thinks he is a hells angel. what this all comes down to is experience, live and learn...which is why that guy has a BADASS bike he probably doesnt even want to sit on cause hes embarassed....to each his own.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Lowcash I was liking your post until at the end when you called me an idiot. =( Just because I bought a new bike and learned on it you want me to die? So only the people that have been riding for years are allowed to have a new bike? Maybe I wanted something with a warranty because I don't know much about bikes and if something breaks down on the bike I don't want to have to dish out money for repairs. You may say, why didn't I just go to a dealer buy a used bike get the extended warranty and learn on that you stupid idiot? Well around here the best deal at a dealer I found was I think it was 99 f4 that was $5500 with 18k miles. My payments per month would have been around $140-150. So I looked into buying a used bike at a dealer and it was the same per month for me to get a brand new bike. Just made more sense to spend only $2500 more have the same payments per month and have a brand spankin new bike with a full warranty and something without any scratches and I know that the bike wasn't dropped or overly beaten. If you can get a good deal on a brand new bike then why not do it?

Mike

Umm... i didnt call you an idiot. I was refering to people who go out and buy a new bike, as a new rider, and dont respect it. Subsiquently getting in a wreck.

Read the top of my post. I just got a brand new 600 RR... This is my first motorcycle EVER. Im not an idiot tho. I learned, got the right gear, and respect my machine because it can kill me.

Your reasons for getting a new bike are the same as my reasons. I dont wanna worry if its been dropped, or parts fail or anything really, i just wanna have fun.

Your no idiot bro, unless you act like an *** on your new bike (first bike) and do "squidish" things. Id rather all those Fu#$%@! never ride again so ppl dont see me and think am just another @$$.

Peace, sorry u took it the wrong way

Old 08-10-2006, 05:15 PM

hmm..calimari sounds really good right now. seriously, sounds good..anyone?

Old 08-10-2006, 06:41 PM

Ok gotcha man. I thought you were just saying people were idiots if they buy a brand new bike for their first bike. My bad for misunderstanding you. Know whats fun? TWISITES!!!!! =D =D =D
I love that stuff could ride that all day! Starting to lean a bit more too, althought the back tire still feels like it gives out a little bit. I just think I need the bike "resprung"??? That will be next Feb that I get that done. I'm too fat for my bike stupid little 35lb asian dudes. haha

Mike

Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM

its fun just to hit them, and lean your knee out real far and the bike just turns on its own. i love it. i have a set of twisties on my way home from work one to the left and back to the right....i love wipping it left, then back to the right!