Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Who's should pay the bills????

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pittsm
$2200 on a dog bill? lol, that kind of money doesn't get spent on dogs around here. There a dime a dozen.... We'd just put it down and all move on with out lives.

flame if ya want to, i'll wait...
You disgust me.

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Man VS Woman. It's the OP's Girlfriend's dog. You know woman all sentimental, emotionally attached to anything that is soft, cute, cuddly and shows interest in them.
Heh.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:48 PM

$2200 on a dog bill? lol, that kind of money doesn't get spent on dogs around here. There a dime a dozen.... We'd just put it down and all move on with out lives.

Dude, I said the same thing and I got hit hahahha....FYI i would NEVER spend that kind of money on a pet...But I can respect that she would, it's her money!

Old 09-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well when it comes to Kai and Kia, I'd pay whatever my credit limit + bank account allows. Heck, with a little legal threatening my 401k might become availible under the Hardship: Medical Emergency clause But I'd get back 90% of whatever because of my pet insurance

Legally, the aunt is responsible. A court will enforce that but there are a couple problems with that. It'll take time, which means you'd have already paid for the surgery and would be seeking reimbursement. If they claim (and prove) they ain't got it, they could drag out reimbursement forever.

And suing family is a great way to get off everyone's X-mas card lists. Last time a family member owed me that kind of cash, I simply went old school and took $1.5k worth of blood and 4 shot tires. And yeah, never got a X-mas card from him again

Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Well when it comes to Kai and Kia, I'd pay whatever my credit limit + bank account allows. Heck, with a little legal threatening my 401k might become availible under the Hardship: Medical Emergency clause But I'd get back 90% of whatever because of my pet insurance

Legally, the aunt is responsible. A court will enforce that but there are a couple problems with that. It'll take time, which means you'd have already paid for the surgery and would be seeking reimbursement. If they claim (and prove) they ain't got it, they could drag out reimbursement forever.

And suing family is a great way to get off everyone's X-mas card lists. Last time a family member owed me that kind of cash, I simply went old school and took $1.5k worth of blood and 4 shot tires. And yeah, never got a X-mas card from him again
She is going to obviously pay the upfront costs because Im sure the dog would suffer if she waited for her aunt to be responsible. Sad thing is the aunt is very well off, it's not like my gf is trying to take food off the table. I am strongly encouraging her to take legal action if nothing is done. My gf said even if she paid 1/2 she would be fine with that. It's a bad situation all around...LOL at your last paragraph...

Old 09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I'm not a lawyer, and not giving legal advice, but I'm not sure that's right.

A lot of it, as was said before, depends on how/why the dog was dropped. Factor in states that enforce contributory negligence and smoore's GF asking a relative, and not a professional, insured person/company to watch the dog and all sorts of legal stuff arises. Add, too, that except for whatever statements smoore's GF has from the cousin/aunt about what happened at the time, the dog was dropped and there were no witnesses except for the cousin/aunt and evidence could be pretty scant. Plus, you're right about reimbursement; just because someone 'wins' doesn't mean they get paid.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't get flamed by me. I agree with ya. I will never have a $2,200 vet bill.
But hell.... I don't understand why anyone would even spend more than a couple hundred bucks buying a dog in the first place. Some of these people spending g's on a friggin' dog? No way in hell!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
You won't get flamed by me. I agree with ya. I will never have a $2,200 vet bill.
But hell.... I don't understand why anyone would even spend more than a couple hundred bucks buying a dog in the first place. Some of these people spending g's on a friggin' dog? No way in hell!
but but but trout...she loves you!
Name:  8O84Ql.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  52.5 KB

Old 09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

but but but trout...she loves you!
Ha!
You can't trick me! That's not even a dog! Look at it's legs and eyes.
That's just a chew toy for a real dog.
And as with any chew toy.... I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:08 AM

exactly, dogs are free. check any local paper, pound, or animal clinic. why pay hundreds for something that you can get for free? thats crazy talk....

Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM

Ha!
You can't trick me! That's not even a dog! Look at it's legs and eyes.
That's just a chew toy for a real dog.
And as with any chew toy.... I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.
My dog would think it was a rabbit or some kind of varmint.

Russel agrees and patiently awaits new said chew toy.

Quick Reply: Who's should pay the bills????